ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock X370 Taichi LAN intermittently drops

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LawEinhander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock X370 Taichi LAN intermittently drops
    Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 10:12pm
I built my own PC at the end of last year (2017) using the ASRock X370 Taichi. I've noticed that the wired LAN (ethernet) disconnects at apparently random times (e.g., while web surfing I see the infamous "page cannot be displayed" or while playing Starcraft 2 online I disconnect, my timer runs out, and I get dropped from the game). It doesn't happen very often during computing sessions but usually happens at least once every time I use the computer. When web surfing it usually reconnects almost immediately but, as I stated above, the disconnect causes me to completely drop out of online SC2 games.

I've confirmed this disconnecting is not my ISP (doesn't happen on other devices). I also don't think it's my router (doesn't happen to other device connected to router) unless the specific port i'm using on the router is bad. I guess swapping router ports might be worth a try?

I've tried running on both the wired ethernet and wifi. Could using both wifi and wired at the same time cause these "micro" disconnects? I've disconnected the wifi, and am only connected via wired for now. Maybe being connected to just wired will fix it?

I've downloaded and installed drivers from Intel (For Intel簧 Ethernet Controller I211-AT
Intel簧 Network Adapter Driver for Windows簧 10). There's a possibility I didn't properly install or remove the prior driver before installing the newest one. Is this (proper uninstall before installing new drivers) something that needs to be done?

I'm open to all suggestions. I'm tired of these random disconnects. Very irritating.

Please help! Thank you,

-LawEinhander
LawEinhander View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LawEinhander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 9:40pm
I've disconnected my wifi connection on the board and changed ports on the router. Curiously, it still disconnected but the reconnect occurred in such a way that I did not drop from my SC2 game.
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 10:41pm
Have you tried replacing the LAN cable? Bad cable, RJ45's or a strong interference source may lead to similar behavior.

Running WiFi & cable at the same time is useful only in certain scenarios. Running it like that all the time without the proper setup is a recipe for disaster.

Also, intel are not known for quality drivers (or software, in general). If you have tried various drivers without a proper prior uninstall, that's a thing to consider. 1st - download the latest non-ProSET drivers from intel; 2nd - unplug the LAN cable; 3rd - uninstall all current stuff via Device Manager, clean driver cache; 4th - reboot and install the newly downloaded ones.

You can always check the router's logs. You may get some hints there.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic