ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

asrock x470 not booting to bios

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote livian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: asrock x470 not booting to bios
    Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 8:18pm
hi, i am currently building a new pc, with the following specs.
mobo: asrock x470 master sli
ram: 2X8gb corsair vengeance lpx at 3000 mhz
cpu: ryzen 2600
cpu-cooler: dark rock pro 4
coolermaster mwe 550 gold
samsung 500 gb ssd
and a rtx 2070(i dont have it yet it is coming in 2 days so the gpu is out of the picture for now)
my problem is as follows when i turn my pc on it wont boot the led will go on and start a breath pattern and the fans start spinning but nothing is happening on the screen. i have already tryed booting without ram and with 1 ram stick but nothing is happening. i als have just 1 8 pin in de cpu power and not al 4 because my psu doesnt have a 4 pin conector. any help is much appreciated.

Greating Ole

Edited by livian - 08 Nov 2018 at 8:21pm
kerberos_20 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 8:42pm
i do wonder, u dont have gpu (yet),so how do you wanna see if you can get to bios or not?
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/14185108
livian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote livian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 8:49pm
of i am thinking intel i thought it would post even without gpu but that's only intel, right? btw i also thing my ram isnt compatible as it is CMK16GX4M2B3000C16 and is not on the compatible list(https://www.amd.com/system/files/2017-06/am4-motherboard-memory-support-list-en_0.pdf)

akirabbq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akirabbq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 10:16pm
Ryzen 2600 does not have an APU. You need a discrete video card to boot up the PC.
livian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote livian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by akirabbq akirabbq wrote:

Ryzen 2600 does not have an APU. You need a discrete video card to boot up the PC.

yes thank you i came to the realisation by the first guy, il just have to wait a few days and see if it works when i get the gpu. Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic