ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z390 Taichi Bios 1.80 problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
teegale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teegale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 1:46am
Originally posted by RLGL RLGL wrote:

Originally posted by teegale teegale wrote:

Did you flash v1.80 through Windows instead of instant flash? Because I did it with Windows the first time. I just decided I wanted to flash it again with instant flash on a usb stick and it's fine. Might explain why we had issues.

Do NOT flash through Windows, too many failures have been reported. This is with all brands of product.

I usually never do this. I couldn't find my USB stick at the time and was getting impatient. Never plan on doing that again. I still don't think that was the issue considering the guy above me had the same issue and he flashed it via instant flash. I'm thinking maybe ASRock snuck in a fix a few days later on their 1.80 download.
teegale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teegale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 1:21am
I'm using a Samsung 970 PRO
RLGL View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 12:04am

Did you flash v1.80 through Windows instead of instant flash? Because I did it with Windows the first time. I just decided I wanted to flash it again with instant flash on a usb stick and it's fine. Might explain why we had issues.

Do NOT flash through Windows, too many failures have been reported. This is with all brands of product.
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K,
Asrock x570 Taichi

marjohn56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marjohn56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 3:55pm
I used a flash drive and ca贍led it from the bios. What type of nvme r u using?
teegale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teegale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 10:33am
007Bond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 007Bond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 7:40am
Same issue here, came searching for answers. Will downgrade BIOS, thanks
teegale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teegale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 7:07am
Originally posted by marjohn56 marjohn56 wrote:

Came here to post this exact same thing. I updated to 1.80 and immediately noticed my Samsung 970 PRO slowing to a crawl. Something is seriously wrong with this version. I even ran userbenchmark and it said it was performing well below expectations. I reverted back to 1.60 and everything is fine now. I would NOT recommend updating from 1.60.

Phew.. thanks. Glad it's not just me.

Been with ASRock for years, my z77 extreme6 was superb, never any problem, ;ets hope they can resolve this.

I figured I wasn't alone. Which is why I came here. I'll give the next update a shot. Thank god for being able to downgrade.
marjohn56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marjohn56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 6:22am

Came here to post this exact same thing. I updated to 1.80 and immediately noticed my Samsung 970 PRO slowing to a crawl. Something is seriously wrong with this version. I even ran userbenchmark and it said it was performing well below expectations. I reverted back to 1.60 and everything is fine now. I would NOT recommend updating from 1.60.

Phew.. thanks. Glad it's not just me.

Been with ASRock for years, my z77 extreme6 was superb, never any problem, ;ets hope they can resolve this.
teegale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teegale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 4:35am
Seems I can't edit my previous post but I also wanted to mention that I'm not using any SATA drives and my m.2 is installed in the 3rd spot (under the heatsink).
teegale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teegale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 4:33am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic