ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z390 Taichi Bios 1.80 problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BullGator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 10:04am
I updated to 1.90 prior to my new build. Board and new BIOS is working well for me.

[URL=https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/14001602]UserBenchmarks: Game 126%, Desk 189%, Work 169%[/URL]
Abula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 3:05am
Very interesting thread, specially for me, since building with a Taichi Ultimate.

I just assemble and havent seen much issues with 1.8, but im not using a NVME yet, just assemble it outside to see if everything was working before going inside the case.

Wondering if others have updated to 1.9 to see if its running good wish NVMEs? and if MCE is available again?
marjohn56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marjohn56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 12:06am
Well I needed to check something with the Godlike so re-installed the Taichi and updated the BIOS to 1.90

Have to say everything is now working perfectly, so well in fact I am sticking with the Taichi. Passmark Performance test is giving a score of 8500 which I am more than satisfied with. Whatever they did with 1.90 fixed the problems I was having so nice one ASRock.
Abula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 12:20pm
Something is wrong with 1.8 and 1.9 still. When ever i connect an NVME (1 or 3, havent tried 2), the booting takes at least 1 minute more, its even faster to boot into a sata ssd (as long as there are no nvme plugged).

I'm guessing "Adjust the NVME Hardware TPM Encryption" messed something up with the NVMEs.
marjohn56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marjohn56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 4:12pm
Did you follow the preferred method of nvme installation?

Only nvme no other drives, I have two nvme's so they were both installed so no issue with that.

Set BIOS to AHCI and UEFI only. If they are sammy NVMEs then make sure you install the sammy drivers after initial W10 install.

So that does ask the question - are the NVMEs Samsung or other?

As I started this thread I was having a lot of issues, but not anymore - all working very well.
Snakecatcher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakecatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 9:53am
New Taichi Z390 build, built 12/17/18 two months later started freezing, keyboard dead, mouse dead, display black, had to push the reset button to get the PC back. Read quite a few posts, noticed something I had not done after adding new devices, video card, memory, switching M.2 ports, Clear the CMOS. It's something everyone does, right? not me and when I did I did it wrong, it's more than pushing the clear button on the motherboard, unplug the power completely after shutting down the computer. Doing this fixed my freezing, PC ran for 5 days non-stop, before CMOS clear it wouldn't run for more than 24hrs. Cleared CMOS, then updated BIOS, 1.9 working without fail. I had read another post where software install would fail because a DVD/Blue Ray drive would be the cause of the failure. I had the same problem, after clearing the CMOS, no install failures.
Abula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 2:54am
Originally posted by marjohn56 marjohn56 wrote:

Did you follow the preferred method of nvme installation?

Only nvme no other drives, I have two nvme's so they were both installed so no issue with that.

Set BIOS to AHCI and UEFI only. If they are sammy NVMEs then make sure you install the sammy drivers after initial W10 install.

So that does ask the question - are the NVMEs Samsung or other?

As I started this thread I was having a lot of issues, but not anymore - all working very well.
Thanks for the reply. Because of you i gave it another shot, seems i have some peculiarities.

1) The ssd was not Samsung, was a ADATA X8200, and it was running fine, but seems like it died (i need to test in another pc still), but this was one of the issues.

2) I was using a shingle 8tb for storage, and not sure why, but it adds a ton of time not only to boot to bios (around 28 sec) and also loading windows takes at least 20 sec more. I tested with only a 970pro, and i boot to bios in 9sec, if i add a Sata SSD like 850pro the boot don't increase its 9-10sec to bios, then i tested with 3tb WD red, and still adds time to booting to bios, around 15 sec total, not so bad, although i do find it interesting that even though its not booting from either of the mechanical, its still adding time to booting. I'm seriously considering adding a storage ssd to the build, but for sure it will be Sata, as in my testing there was no penalty for booting bios/windows.

After a day testing outside, i finally decided to use the board, i assemble on the case and been running great for a day now, no issues.

Thanks again for your reply.
marjohn56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marjohn56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 3:44pm
Good you have it sorted. The added delay is because the BIOS interrogates the drives, and with spinners they do need to spin up.

Abula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 12:06pm
In case anyone is interested or waiting for a new bios, version 2.00 released 2019/3/15.

1.Update Intel Microcode
2.Update "Ln2 Overclocking Preset" function
teegale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teegale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 11:23pm
4.00 came out yesterday. My only complaints with this board are I'm getting static in my headphones and over my microphone. Apparently, it's a common issue. I'm thinking about returning it and getting something else.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic