ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z390 Taichi Bios 1.80 problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 007Bond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 7:40am
Same issue here, came searching for answers. Will downgrade BIOS, thanks
teegale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teegale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 10:33am
Did you flash v1.80 through Windows instead of instant flash? Because I did it with Windows the first time. I just decided I wanted to flash it again with instant flash on a usb stick and it's fine. Might explain why we had issues.
marjohn56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marjohn56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 3:55pm
I used a flash drive and ca贍led it from the bios. What type of nvme r u using?
RLGL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 12:04am
Originally posted by teegale teegale wrote:

Did you flash v1.80 through Windows instead of instant flash? Because I did it with Windows the first time. I just decided I wanted to flash it again with instant flash on a usb stick and it's fine. Might explain why we had issues.

Do NOT flash through Windows, too many failures have been reported. This is with all brands of product.
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K, ThermalTake Contact Silent12

EVGA RTX2070
EVGA 750 W Super Nova,
16G GSkill Ripjaws, F4-3200C16D-16GVKB,
Samsung 960 Evo 500G M.2,Samsung 970 Evo 1T M.2
teegale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teegale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 1:21am
I'm using a Samsung 970 PRO
teegale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teegale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 1:46am
Originally posted by RLGL RLGL wrote:

Do NOT flash through Windows, too many failures have been reported. This is with all brands of product.

I usually never do this. I couldn't find my USB stick at the time and was getting impatient. Never plan on doing that again. I still don't think that was the issue considering the guy above me had the same issue and he flashed it via instant flash. I'm thinking maybe ASRock snuck in a fix a few days later on their 1.80 download.
sora70david View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sora70david Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 2:08am
I just finished building a new system based on the Z390 Taichi with an i5 9600k and am using a Samsung 970EVO NVMe SSD as my boot drive in M.2 #1. The MOBO had BIOS v1.30 installed which seems pretty old to me, so I was thinking of upgrading the BIOS to the latest to take advantage of any fixes or new feature support. Should I upgrade to 1.80 or hold off?
teegale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teegale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 7:30am
Originally posted by sora70david sora70david wrote:

I just finished building a new system based on the Z390 Taichi with an i5 9600k and am using a Samsung 970EVO NVMe SSD as my boot drive in M.2 #1. The MOBO had BIOS v1.30 installed which seems pretty old to me, so I was thinking of upgrading the BIOS to the latest to take advantage of any fixes or new feature support. Should I upgrade to 1.80 or hold off?

It seems to be fixed. Just make sure you load the BIOS to a USB device and use instant flash. My NVME card has much better performance in 1.80 than 1.60 now. If you have issues you can always downgrade.

I'd also recommend installing your m.2 NVME in your 3rd M.2 slot under the heatsink. NVME's tend to get hot and that's what that's there for.

Also make sure you install the Samsung NVME drivers to further improve performance! Here's a link
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/DR/201805/20180514160435960/Samsung_NVM_Express_Driver_3.0.exe
teegale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teegale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 7:31am
Forgot to mention Samsung Magician. Install it to make sure your M.2 is in the latest firmware.
marjohn56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marjohn56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 2:40pm

Forgot to mention Samsung Magician. Install it to make sure your M.2 is in the latest firmware.

Away from home working abroad this week but I'm fairly certain that when I did the re-install of w10 last week I did d/l a new copy of 1.80. All the other suggestions are also in play. I'll re-download and try again when I get home.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic