ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX - Bios update?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eapocs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX - Bios update?
    Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 3:24am
Hi, I am running on a B350 Gaming-ITX/ac motherboard of Asrock, and still using Bios version 3.00 from 2017.
It's paired together with an AMD Ryzen R1600 and running ram.

Is there any real need to flash the most recent Bios onto the motherboard, are there any real additional features, improvements now since 2017 that makes it worth updating?
I am not concerned about bricking it or anything, but I am just concerned if the new Bios will be as stable as this here now.

Also what are the Bios flash steps, which one need I flash first before going to the most recent one?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 1:35pm
Generally, the old saying holds true: "If it isn't broken, don't fix it."

The vast majority of updates are to improve compatibility or add support for new hardware. If your particular setup is working satisfactorily then keep it as it is. If security is a concern for you however, you may want to check to see if any of the newer updates included security updates against things like exploits etc. If not, stick with what you have
eapocs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eapocs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 4:15am
Do I need to uninstall the old All in 1 Package first?

I downloaded the new one (18.10.20) required for the new BIOS but when I start setup, it cannot find the new version?
Current one is correctly displayed, but it can only find local 17.12?

Does the BIOS 5.3 also work if I download the official chipset drivers from AMD site instead of using this All in 1 package?
wino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 3:23am
Originally posted by eapocs eapocs wrote:

Does the BIOS 5.3 also work if I download the official chipset drivers from AMD site instead of using this All in 1 package?

Yes, I have 5.3 BIOS and never install the All in 1 package from ASRock, but only the chipset drivers from the official AMD website.
AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac 5.70 | Ryzen 5 1600 | Patriot Viper Elite 16 GB @ 3200 | Zotac GTX 1050 Ti | Samsung 960 EVO 250 GB M.2 | SilentiumPC Supremo M2 Gold 550W V2
maktama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maktama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by eapocs eapocs wrote:

Hi, I am running on a B350 Gaming-ITX/ac motherboard of Asrock, and still using Bios version 3.00 from 2017......

Also what are the Bios flash steps, which one need I flash first before going to the most recent one?

If you have 3.00 bios, first you need to flash 3.60 BIOS. Then you'll flash what ever later bios you want.

"Update AMD AGESA to 1.0.0.6.
* Please install "AMD all in 1 with VGA driver ver:18.10.20_NHDA" or a later version before updating to this BIOS.
* If the current BIOS version is older than P3.60, please update BIOS to P3.60(Bridge BIOS) before updating this version.
* If you updated the BIOS before updating the AMD all in one driver, please refer to the Display recovery SOP to recover your system."
Asrock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITXac Ryzen5 1600, ASUS GeForce GTX1060 DUAL OC 3GB, Samsung 500GB 850 EVO M.2 SSD,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic