ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ODD read errors with B450M Pro4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ODD read errors with B450M Pro4
    Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 12:31am
Hello,

I sent an email to ASRock technical support for this several days ago but haven't had a reply yet. So I thought I would post here to see if anyone has any idea what might cause this bizarre situation.

I have an ASRock B450M Pro4 board with a Ryzen 5 2400G proc and Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3200. I also have an internal Asus CD/DVD drive SATA-connected to the board. This ODD works perfectly fine in other PC's. However, when SATA-connected to the ASRock board, I get 100% read errors when attempting to rip my audio CD's using either Cuetools cueripper or Exact Audio Copy (these programs read audio CD sectors at least twice and compare read data to ensure the reads are good). I have tried using a different SATA cable and a different SATA port with no luck. But if I connect this ODD to a USB port on the same PC (using a SATA to USB adapter), it works fine. It only fails when SATA-connected to the board. And as I said, the ODD works fine when SATA-connected in a different PC. It seems to be something related to SATA on this ASRock motherboard. I did update to the most current BIOS but that didn't help.

Does anyone have any idea at all what might cause this? It certainly does appear that this is a problem with the ASRock board or BIOS.

Thanks in advance for any insight !
Ray62 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 1:46pm
Does the SATA to USB adapter use an own power supply?
And if yes, this could be an indirect hint for the problem with that drive.
Say,
- check the power connection to the drive when connected via SATA to the mainboard, maybe use another cable.
- check the power supply voltages
- check the SATA cable
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X
Asrock X370 Professional Gaming
G-Skill 2xF4-3200C14-16GTZ
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Samsung SSD 960 PRO 512GB
Samsung SSD 960 EVO 1TB

ghall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 1:12pm
Thanks Ray62, that's a great suggestion. I have a Seasonic FOCUS Plus 550W modular PSU and am powering an SSD, HDD, and ODD off one PSU SATA power port. I'll connect the ODD via a separate cable to its own power port and see if that makes any difference.
Thanks for the suggestion !!
markford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2019 at 6:30pm
Thanks for your suggestion. you can remove such types of error by replacing the BIOS battery of the Motherboard. For instant support related to the Email please visit http://www.emailcustomerservice247.com/ for the best solution.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic