ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 2400G constantly crashing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
thomas1986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thomas1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 2400G constantly crashing
    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 8:21pm
song of my life
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 6:02pm
Don't let go...
Originally posted by thomas1986 thomas1986 wrote:

Never give up

It's such a wonderful life!

You're such a jinx, bro! I honestly never saw such s streak...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thomas1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 2:35pm
It was his balistix ram in my board. Just to ease you... such things are totally common in my life. It could have been worse. Two years ago I bought a Ford from a young lady. After three weeks while driving in the city in tight traffic... engine failure. Mechanic said "I have never seen a timing chain in two pieces"

Viper Elite 2800 2x4 now running on XMP profile + tweaked to 2933 MHz. Aaaand it's prime-stable, praise the lord. No errors at all. Finally.

Again many thanks to everyone involved and for those who run into the same problem... Never give up
Niccador View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niccador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 12:55pm
Just trying to make sure I understand that last bit...
Are you saying your friend loaned you a known-good set of RAM to test, or loaned you a whole known-good system to test your RAM in?

Either one of these are great ideas, as -- in my 25+ years of working with computers -- I've never seen anyone run into so much defective RAM back-to-back-to-back.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thomas1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 2:51pm
I'll be home from vacation this evening and there should be the fourth pair of Ram waiting for me. What I can tell so far is that it is a very frustrating project. Got MB, APU and RAM of Amazon and first of all I had to send the MB back since it was defective. Then the RAM drama began.

Patriot Viper 4 - one stick defective
G. SKILL TridentZ 3200 - one stick defective
Same kit again - both sticks defective

Meanwhile I visited a guy who is a real enthusiastic and for testing he gave me a kit of one of his PCs to make sure it was not a defective slot or controller. Well the system passed all memtests and worked perfectly under prime95, 3dmark and cinebench.

I'll have you know as soon as I get my hands on the system.
Niccador View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niccador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 8:09am
Curious if you ever got that RAM replaced, and if it actually solved your problems?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thomas1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 11:41pm
whoa... thats price x 4 to the vipers, and 2/3 of the whole system. Since it's a budget PC for my daughter for school and a little WOW and D3 gaming it really shouldn't be that expensive. Well i'll study the QVL and maybe invest a bit more. For anyone maybe having the same issue in the future I'll post what comes out of it when ever it will be stable.

Big thanks to xhue and kerberos

Danke vielmals und alles Gute
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 9:09pm
I would totally recommend G.Skill Flare X 3200 CL14, if you have the budget for those.

I gather you'd want the best pefromance possible for the iGPU in your Ryzen. For this purpose, the faster the RAM the better.

Check QVL once more or wait to see if others can recommend something else. Maybe starting a new thread will help too?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thomas1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 6:59pm
Passt, dann schick ich den morgen zurē¾¹ck.

Makes sence. well thx a lot for leading through this.

So should i take the same kit or are there recommendations for a different?
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 6:33pm
Yep, RAM muss weg!

As for your last question - my guess is that it has something to do wih chance. When bits are flying back and forth at insane speeds, sometimes the signal quality may be OK and sometimes not.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic