ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock B450M PRO4 boot loop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverwolf0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock B450M PRO4 boot loop
    Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 3:39pm
Just put together my first build in years. Of course it doesn't go as planned. Boot loops every 30 seconds. Sounds like a jet engine with the corsair maglev fans at 100%. No video signal. No beeps.

ASRock B450M pro4 microatx
Ryzen 2600
2x8gb 3000mhz ram
Rtx 2080
Seasonic 650w platinum

So I've tried removing everything and "breadboarding" it but still the same. With only cpu, hsf, 8 pin cpu power, and 24pin mobo power it bootloops. If I remove the 8pin cpu power it actually stops bootlooping, but it still sits there with no video signal and 100% fans. Tried rtx 2080 as well as a loaner graphics card on either of my two pcie sockets. No video. RAM one stick two stick any slot no dice. Clear cmos pulling battery no dice.

I suspect it's a bad motherboard. Don't know what else to think. Several other people on the internet seem to have similar problems with asrock boards.

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8545&title=no-post-and-boot-loop-with-asrock-ab350m-pro4

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 6:35pm
Have you tried clearing CMOS at all? Pull the battery, disconnect from the wall and push the power button for about 5-10 seconds then use the clear CMOS jumper. Leave the system disconnected from power with the battery out for about 30mins then put it all back together and give it another shot.

If that doesn't help, the most common cause of boot looping on new AM4 systems is RAM. There are still a large number of RAM models that are not compatible with AM4. If you can get your hands on a stick of RAM to test with, preferably from the qvl list, you can hopefully rule out compatibility. If you still have issues then we will have to dig deeper.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic