ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

C236 WSI mother board compatible ram

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redaxis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: C236 WSI mother board compatible ram
    Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 2:53pm
Building a NAS with C236 WSI mother board, using Xeon E1235L V5 and SK Hynix DDR4 2133 ECC UDIMM (HMA41GU7AFR8N), fail to boot. There's light on the mother board, all fans spinning but no signal to monitor. Not sure if it's the ram being incompatible or faulty CPU (bought from ebay). CPU gets warm when I turn on the power so it seems to be receiving power from the board, or it could be the iGPU faulty?

Tryin to narrow down the possibility so I wonder if there's a list of tested ram with this mother board somewhere? Can someone share the link?

Thanks!
redaxis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redaxis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 3:38pm
https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/platform-memory/ddr4-2133-ecc-udimm-validation-results.pdf

Found a list of tested ram from intel site, my ram is listed in there. Looks like the culprit could be the CPU, or maybe the board itself?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic