ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock fatality b450 gaming-itx/ac no post

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProtocolBlue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock fatality b450 gaming-itx/ac no post
    Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 7:14pm
i have a no post problem with fatality b450 gaming-itx/ac, its not posting with ryzen cpus.

ive tried it with a a6-9500 and it booted normally, but when trying with r5 1600 or 2600 it just turns on and do nothing

asrock fatality b450 gaming-itx/ac
ryzen 5 1600 & 2600
crucial ballistix 2x16gb 2666 cl16
gtx 1080 armor 8gb oc
corsair sf450

i have updated the bios and rulled out everything except the mobo, i dont think its broken as it runs on a6 cpu but its a weird issue
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 12:17am
When you installed the a6, did you use it's iGPU or your dedicated GPU?
If you have not already, make sure you clear CMOS once you have installed one of the other 2 CPUs, you should do so every time you change the CPU. You may even find it necessary to pull the BIOS battery and leave the system disconnected from power for 20mins or so.
ProtocolBlue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProtocolBlue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 2:01am
With the a6 ive tried both to confirm and test all possible setups. I have also reset bios and do the battery disconect method after every cpu change. It just doesnt make sense.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 2:30am
That is a conundrum indeed. Possibly different RAM support between the A6 and the Ryzen CPUs? There are 3 separate QVLs for your board, maybe the RAM isn't compatible with the Ryzen CPUs but is with the A6 which is based on a completely different architecture. Do you have any other RAM to test the theory with?
ProtocolBlue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProtocolBlue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 3:19am
Also tested with 3 different rams. 4 in fact, 2 crucial ballistix one rgb one classic 2666 c15, one kingston hyperx 3200 c16 and an crucial 2400 c15. A6 worked with all, non of the ryzens posted. I wnet mad testing these and yeah its still bugging me
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 3:43am
Ouch, ok so if not RAM then what else could behave differently between the working and non working combos? At this point my only thought is maybe the PSU isn't handling the higher power CPUs? A 1080 and 95w CPU is a tall order with a 450w PSU, have you tried another (lower power) GPU or higher specced PSU?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic