ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Computer stucks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolfik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Computer stucks
    Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 6:12pm
Hi. I have PC with the following configuration:

Intel Core i7-8700K
ASRock Z370 PRO4 ATX
Thermaltake Berlin 630 Watt
Corsair Vengeance LPX Schwarz DDR4 2x8GB

I bought this components at May 2018. A Few days ago I faced with a problem. My PC got stuck while working. I tried to restart it, but it got stuck again on Windows' loading screen. Then I tried to restart several times. My PC got stuck every time, but after a few tries it got stuck on ASRock splash screen and then on black screen (before any screens). I disassembled computer and tried to put memory in different slots but I still got black screen. Only once I did boot into UEFI with one memory module, then I rebooted PC and got black screen again. Then I tried to clean computer from dust, clear memory pins and boot again. This didn't help me. I tried many different combinations, namely with peripherals, without perepherals, with integrated video card, with external videocard, I disabled all hard disks, and it did not help me in most cases. I got successfull UEFI boot two or three times, but after reboot (without any another actions) I saw black screen again. Also I tried to remove battery to reset settings. The settings was reset, but it didn't help me. Beeper beeps only when I remove all memory, so I don't receive any other error signals.

A Few days later I tried boot again, but I still got black screen. Then I removed battery and reset CMOS via jumper. It helped me and I could boot into UEFI. At first, I updated UEFI firmware with Intel microcode to version 3.30. Then I booted from flash disk with memtest86. All tests having been completed I got no errors. Then I connected SSD with system and tried to boot again, but got black screen while Windows loading. Then I booted in UEFI and just was switching all tabs and menus. Then I exited UEFI and saved settings. Then computer rebooted and Windows loaded successfully. I shutted down computer, and tried to boot in Windows again, and it booted without any freezes. I shutted down computer again, attached all hard disks and videocard. Then I tried to boot again a few times, and every try was successful. I ran OCCT utility with full CPU, GPU and memory usage for one hour, and I didn't get any freezes. CPU and GPU temprature didn't rise above 50 degrees. I rebooted computer again, and it booted successful. I put computer in sleep mode and leave it for a few hours. When I came back and tried to ran computer again, it stuck on black screen. I tried to reboot it, but got stuck on Windows' loading screen. I still could boot in UEFI, but couldn't boot in Windows. After a few tries, it stucked before UEFI loading screen, and I couldn't boot in UEFI. I tried reset CMOS again, but it didn't help me.

Today I tried reset CMOS and boot again, and I got successful boot into UEFI. I turned off OC mode for processor and memory and then tried to boot into Windows. I successful booted into Windows, but computer was stuck again on desktop screen. I booted into UEFI, but computer stuck again. This time it looked like half of screen was UEFI UI and other half of screen was black screen. I tried to reboot several times, but computer was stuck again.

I noticed several patterns:
1. When computer stucks before UEFI loading screen, CPU cooler works slower, than when computer doesn't stuck before UEFI loading screen.
2. Sometimes, after stuck, when I push power button again, computer turns on only for a one second. It can repeats a few times, and then computer turns on successfully.

What's the problem? It seems like motherboard problem, but I don't know, how to check and fix it.
RLGL View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 12:59am
remove everything except 1 stick of ram and cpu Try booting to the on board graphics. If it won't boot at this point move the ram stick to another slot. If still no boot it is probably a bad board.If that works add 1 item at a time till it fails to boot. The item that causes the failure to boot is the bad component.
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K,
Asrock x570 Taichi

Dolfik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolfik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 1:39am
Originally posted by RLGL RLGL wrote:

remove everything except 1 stick of ram and cpu Try booting to the on board graphics. If it won't boot at this point move the ram stick to another slot. If still no boot it is probably a bad board.If that works add 1 item at a time till it fails to boot. The item that causes the failure to boot is the bad component.

I tried to do it, but I got random stuck on every try.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic