ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for a cpu cooler recommendation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astackhouse73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for a cpu cooler recommendation
    Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 7:04am
Hi all. I am new to the forum and looking for a cpu cooler recommendation for my new PC build. I'm working with the following components:

ASRock - Z390 Phantom Gaming SLI/ac ATX LGA1151
Intel i9-9900K
G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card

I used PC Part Picker to check compatibility of all the components and tried installing a be quiet - Dark Rock Pro 4 air cooler. However, when I tried to install it, it went over 2 of the 4 dimm slots on the mobo so now I can't use dual channel.

I'd like to get another air cooler that will work with the i9 cpu and won't cause issues with covering and installing the RAM or impede the PCIe slot for the gpu installation.

Would appreciate some recommendations! Thanks in advance.

-Andrew
jberniep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jberniep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 5:14pm
Hi,
I know you tried an air cooler and asked for recommendations for another air cooler but I am going to recommend you look at an all in one liquid cooler. The reason is, very few fan coolers can keep up to aio liquid coolers.

Here's my system.

I have an ASRock - Z390 Extrem4 motherboard
Intel i7-7900K
Corsair LPX 32 gb (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Asus Geforce GTX 1080ti

I paired up my cpu with a Corsair Hydro Series H115i RGB Platinum 280mm AIO cooler. It works great and keeps my system cool and quiet. I don't think you would end up with any issues with fitting the cpu cooler on, even with your rgb ram modules. Looks like you spent some coin on your system don't cheap out on your cpu cooler. Just my opinion. Good luck
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 5:48am
Does your Dark Rock Pro 4 cover the RAM slots if you remove the fan? Looking at pictures it looks like you should be able to remove the fan and switch it over to the other side to give you more RAM clearance. Make sure it is pulling air through the heatsink not fighting the center fan. The cooling performance should be identical so you lose nothing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic