ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wake on Lan on Asrock b450 pro4 not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wake on Lan on Asrock b450 pro4 not working
    Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 6:16pm
I am trying to enable WoL on my Asrock b450 pro4 motherboard. It is not working. I have tried:
Bios enable PCIe power setting
Windows enable allow wake on magic packet, allow to wake pc
Windows disable fast boot, NIC green ethernet
etc. I have tried everything, but no matter what the ethernet network indicator turns off as soon as the PC is shut down or put into sleep mode.
Can someone please help me.
I am on the latest Realtek network adapter driver available.

Thanks
Bowman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 5:01pm
I have a B450M Pro4, that is the Micro ATX version of the B450 Pro4. I don't know how to help you with Windows 10 because I use linux. Just wanted to let you know WOL should be possible on this motherboard. Wake On Lan works for me under Ubuntu 19.04.

In UEFI only Advanced\ACPI Configuration\PCIE Devices Power On needs to be enabled.

The description of Boot from Onboard LAN in manual is confusing, I still have it disabled. It is not necessary to enable it just for wake on lan.

In Ubuntu you do need to enable the function in the OS for it to work. Correct settings in Win10 are probably very important as well. According to ASRock FAQ a zip file needs to be installed? https://www.asrock.com/support/faq.asp?id=463

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic