ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Really Slow UEFI/BIOS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merasil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Really Slow UEFI/BIOS
    Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 2:54pm
Hi there,

i got a x470 taichi and was happy with it until now. The thing is, my bios suddenly got really, really slow. I dont mean boottime or something like that. Its like pressing a key and it needs 2-3 seconds to convert it onto the screen. The problem is i dont know since when its like that. My guess is that it happened after i installed that rgb software which flashed a new firmware(?) for the rgb interface...
What i tried so far: flashing a new bios, resetting cmos by switch, installing the rgb software again to see if there is a new firmware

I just want to know if its a common issue and if there is a fix for it. Pretty anoying to test new oc settings and needing "half an hour" just to change the voltage.
merasil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merasil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 4:03pm
OK so i researched a bit more and found out that the front-usb-c connector (Case to Mainboard) is causing this problem. The question is now: Is it the mainboard, the cable or the port thats not ok. Anyone got an idea how to find out?
Crericper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crericper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 2:16am
It would likely to be caused by you accidentally put the "Boot Performance Mode" on to "Max Battery".

p.s. This setting exists on my Z390 Taichi bios.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic