ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B360M 1B-R1 Motherboard

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badbri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 9:06am
Are you running Windows in High Performance mode or Balanced (power mode)?
How many fans are blowing air out of the case, how many blowing air in ?
You always need more "out" air than "in" air, PSU fans do not count as they now just cool the psu and don't add much to case ventilation.
I am using an Intel BXTS15A heatsink fan, have 3 out blow fans and two in blow. My CPU (8700k) and motherboard (z370 pro4) run 4C to 6C above room temp on average after being on a few hours.
https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9/display.php?id=99573335296
papawana1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papawana1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 11:54pm
Thank you for your response. I have always built my computers in the past, basing the build on the motherboard and the case. I made a big
mistake this time. This motherboard had 1 pin for a case fan open which I added as an out. So the motherboard controls 2 case fans and the
and the cpu fan. I have ordered 2 more 120mm fans and power conneconnectors to hook them to 4 pin power. So I will end up with 2 outs on top, 2 ins in the front, and and out in the rear (I have no idea where this plugs in). I will have no way of adjusting the rpm of the 2 fans I am adding as they will not be plugged into the motherboard. I searched the web for reviews on your suggested cooler/fan to responses. I can take the back panel of the case off easily so I will not have to take the motherboard out to change cooler/fan. Being a mini board and small case, there is not much room. I may just see what the results are after adding the fans and putting the side panel back on. I will post what the results are. Thank you again.
papawana1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papawana1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 5:02am
I finally got the 2 molex power cables. So no I have 3 fans out and 2 fans in. I put the clear tempered glass side panel back on. Checked the temps. CPU is 40C/104F and MB is 33C/91F. I still have the stock cpu & cooler that I want to replace. I hope I never have problems as tech support with this board will be non-existent.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic