FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryzen 3000 series support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 55>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ryzen 3000 series support
    Posted: 10 hours 21 minutes ago at 1:11pm
AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.4 (new) apparently isn't the same as AGESA 1.0.0.4 (old)
AMD really needs to work on it's naming scheme. As for where it was stated that
1.0.0.3 ABBA won't be coming to the boards it has not yet released for, that was
mentioned earlier in the thread where someone shared a response from ASRock Tech
Support. Please understand, this is a community forum, no one on this
forum speaks for ASRock. Even ASRock_TSD is likely only allowed to share specific
information, they are just support techs after all and have no say in how things
are done.

I can understand being frustrated but we here on the forums are not the ones
responsible for your irritation so please keep it friendly. The ABBA update
really didn't bring anything to the table other than a token boost clock
increase that makes little to no difference to actual performance. I am not
surprised ASRock opted to skip over it in favor of getting 1.0.0.4 out sooner.

Edited by Xaltar - 10 hours 21 minutes ago at 1:11pm
SKYPREDA7OR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKYPREDA7OR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 hours 36 minutes ago at 9:56am
Where was this stated, and for my board the B450M-Pro 4 AGESA 1004 was in the P1.60 Bios. How could it be again in 1004. Can you tell me, give me a link where was this stated? All other board manufactures as ASUS, MSI and Gigabyte added the 1003 ABBA for all other board beside X570.
ASRock-B450M-Pro4
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 OC @ 4.2 GHz
Liquid Cooler-Maelstrom 120T
HyperX Predator-16GB-DDR4 @ 3200MHz
GeForce ASUS-GTX 1060 6GB ROG STRIX
Kingston-A400-Series @ 240 GB
Windows 10 Pro-x64
Oirllah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oirllah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 hours 40 minutes ago at 9:52am
It was stated before "no abba for any non x570 boards" next one would be 1.0.0.4 late November.
SKYPREDA7OR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKYPREDA7OR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 hours 28 minutes ago at 5:04am
@ASRock Well, now it's October 13th, are we ever going to see the AGESA 1003 ABBA for B450 boards or? You added ABBA to the X570 boards in the very first week maybe 1 month ago, what is happening with other boards, I use Ryzen 3600, it has problems with the boost frequency it doesn't boost to its original 4200MHz, and AGESA 1003 ABBA should have fix that, but it never arrived tho. So when will it be added, I am using B450M-PRO4 board.
19hba66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 19hba66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 hours 12 minutes ago at 1:20am
Originally posted by Teyn Teyn wrote:

No I hadn't.

But as with all other updates before for the first WIndows boot the system had to start twice times. I guess on the first try the the new UEFI does not find the Windows Boot Manager or cannot recht it properly.

As said before, that happend to me every bios update but is no issue while it is fixing itself.

As a note: I'm not using an M.2 but two 2.5 inch SSDs. Many issues beside the boot loop problem related to the M.2 slot.

Lucky You!
My Win is booting on a nvme M.2 drive. I hope ASRock solves these problems too.
I wonder if all the successful implementation of L3.54 is on systems booting on a SATA-connected drive.
Teyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 hours 39 minutes ago at 12:53am
No I hadn't.

But as with all other updates before for the first WIndows boot the system had to start twice times. I guess on the first try the the new UEFI does not find the Windows Boot Manager or cannot recht it properly.

As said before, that happend to me every bios update but is no issue while it is fixing itself.

As a note: I'm not using an M.2 but two 2.5 inch SSDs. Many issues beside the boot loop problem related to the M.2 slot.

19hba66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 19hba66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Teyn Teyn wrote:

Hi all,

just to add my experiences with the new beta bios 3.54 for the B450 Gaming ITX.

All my boot problems seem to be solved with the Ryzen 3600 now. I tried every bios sine release of Ryzen 3000 and was only able to start the system, when i pulled the plug and put it in again. Warm restarts and cold boots with plugged in power plug was not possible.

Now all is working as it did with the Ryzen 1700 - or better. My G.Skill Kit was never able to boot with the XMP settings (3000 MHz) before, neither with the actual ITX board nor with the former ASUS Prime B350.

If it keeps stable, I am more then happy though the solution comes very late. I had to wait about for months.

Greets

Did You reinstall Windows after updating to L3.54? I can only load Windows from cold-start if i activate Win recovery-menu, by pressing F8 at start, and then choose Continue to Win 10.
Teyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 11:40pm
Hi all,

just to add my experiences with the new beta bios 3.54 for the B450 Gaming ITX.

All my boot problems seem to be solved with the Ryzen 3600 now. I tried every bios sine release of Ryzen 3000 and was only able to start the system, when i pulled the plug and put it in again. Warm restarts and cold boots with plugged in power plug was not possible.

Now all is working as it did with the Ryzen 1700 - or better. My G.Skill Kit was never able to boot with the XMP settings (3000 MHz) before, neither with the actual ITX board nor with the former ASUS Prime B350.

If it keeps stable, I am more then happy though the solution comes very late. I had to wait about for months.

Greets
FireSoul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireSoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by efegue efegue wrote:

Originally posted by FireSoul FireSoul wrote:

And what should i enter manually? The timings that are also present in the xmp profile?

I've used this tool, no problems since!
https://www.techpowerup.com/download/ryzen-dram-calculator/

Good luck :)

This seemes to have fixed it. Thank you very much.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 7:04am
I have built more PCs than I can count and am almost always an early adopter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 55>
  Share Topic