ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450 Troubleshooting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noan91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B450 Troubleshooting
    Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 11:57am
I recently built a new computer using the b450 gaming k4. However after setting everything up all I can get the mb to do is emit a "breathing" red from under the chipset. No beeps. No fans. Im fairly sure the problem is in the mb but beyond that im stumped. Any idea what I might have missed?

Parts list for reference
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3GH729

Vulpie05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vulpie05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 9:21pm
A few suggestions, some may be obvious:

1. Is the ram installed in the correct slots?
2. Double check power connections that they are seated all the way.
3. Do you have the ATX 12V power connected powered on the motherboard? See #1 on the motherboard layout of the manual.
4. The problem could be the motherboard, but if you have a spare power supply check that first?
5. I doubt this, with two hard drives, maybe try connecting just the one for starters?
Noan91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noan91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 4:25am
All good things to confirm but it looks like it's the CPU. After double checking it a few pins were bent over. I'll be trying with a replacement.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic