ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570M Pro 4 does not load XMP Profile Bootloop

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 5:54pm
Hello, have CMW16GX4M2C3600C18W kit and it gives me mixed feelings.

I think it is incompatibility issue with AMD at the end. I posted on official Corsair forums about my struggles with this kit (https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=190089), perhaps it is not fixable as mine kit is not listed as AMD compatible... but it does work for me and XMP profile does let me run it at advertised speed (older BIOS) so the experience may vary.

To make it clear i'm on another board and this post more for information for potential buyers and users. Possible solution for schufeli and SaiBork try to set XMP profile timings (all of them) manually in BIOS and test clocks higher than 3200. You can take timings from Thaiphoon Burner or Ryzen Master (pm me if you need the screen with XMP profile).
Cecil_Montgomery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cecil_Montgomery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 9:06pm
My x570 taichi had XMP compatibility out of the box, but any BIOS after 1.20 will cause boot loop upon loading XMP.

I have found the easiest solution is to load the XMP profile, then go in and manually turn down the speed about 4 notches. this will give you your timings and allow it to boot

Interestingly, I can then go in after a successful boot and bump the speed back up to the default XMP speed, and it will then boot, and remain stable.

I now have my 2x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 kit running at 3600, and with even tighter timings than the XMP defaults. Don't ask me why it won't just load XMP in the first instance, but with a bit of jiggery-pokery, you should be able to still hit those timings.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic