ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Phantom Gaming X - where are BIOS_A_LED?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Burgurne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Phantom Gaming X - where are BIOS_A_LED?
    Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 6:33am
Greetings.
My first post inhere.
In the manual I read that I can see which BIOS is the currently active by BIOS_A_LED or BIOS_B_LED. But I can't find these leds on the mobo at all?
I have downloaded the full manual for this mobo as .pdf to try and make a search for BIOS_A_LED, but only the text where it says that I can see which BIOS is active shows up. Can't find it in any graph or text.

Are the LEDs for the 2 BIOS anywhere on the mobo?
Best regards
Burgurne
CHnuschti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHnuschti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 3:01pm
Very likely the LEDs don't exist. Same as on my Taichi Ultimate Z390. http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=11736
Must be the result of the continous sloppy copy&paste of manuals from the older to the newer mobos.
Burgurne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Burgurne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 4:40am
Oh, I see. The I really don't have a chance to know which one is in use?
I'm a little scared about the option in BIOS saying "Secure Backup BIOS". the help-text describe it like this: Use to duplicate a working copy of the BIOS files to the active BIOS
But I don't know if it is currently running on "normal" BIOS_A or "backup" BIOS_B?
Best regards
Burgurne
CHnuschti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHnuschti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 4:52am
Only BIOS A(ctive) runs always. Only in "emergency" cases the BIOS B(ackup) will be copied into A.
This whole "security" concept is quite unsatisfying IMO, as -beside praying- you can't take active action and must rely on the "automatic" process.
Also unclear is if when you upgrade your BIOS, if both A and B get upgraded or not. Really a shame how this hole issue is left so undocumented.

The option in BIOS saying "Secure Backup BIOS" will copy the current running BIOS A into B, I've tried it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic