ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 Steel Legend BIOS update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgiesselman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X570 Steel Legend BIOS update
    Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 1:43am
So I finally got my X570 Steel Legend to boot. Problem was the video card (ASRock RX 5700).

As I am running a Ryzen 3600X, I updated the BIOS to 1.7 via Easy Update. The update appeared to go normally but now I am in a boot loop. Have tried clearing the CMOS but no joy so far.

I know the old first gen Ryzens would go through this multiple reboot thing but I haven't heard about the gen 3 Ryzens doing this.

Suggestions?
kgiesselman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgiesselman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 1:51am
The post status checker is red. I haven't changed any hardware. The manual doesn't give any indication of how to read the PSC.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgiesselman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 3:20am
Wow, this is a cranky motherboard. Reflashed to v1.7 and got into BIOS. The CPU is burning up so going to figure that out next.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgiesselman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 6:25am
Wow, think I am over the hump now. Got Windows 10 x64 installed.   Boot still slow, board blinks and flashes like crazy. I hope it figures out the hardware at some point and has a faster boot.

The ASRock X570 motherboard just doesn't like the ASRock RT5700. I have tried the graphics card in my ASRock X470 and it boots just fine. Put it in the X570 and we get a non-starter. I have an 8 prong and 6 prong power plugged into the graphics card. Suggestions?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic