ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASrock B450M PRO4 - Samsung 960 EVO 250GB

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marnix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASrock B450M PRO4 - Samsung 960 EVO 250GB
    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 6:20pm
Hi,

I'm having the problem that my new Mobo doesn't recoqnize my NVME disk. I've installed in the Ultra M.2 Socket (M2_1), upgraded the BIOS to the latest firmware, but nothing. When i open the bootmenu i only see my USB and cardreader, i've searched in the BIOS for hours but there are no options i can think of that can change this. When i'm booting up from my USB with windows Setup, i also don't see the disk

I have no idea what i can do further. For now i installed a sata 3 6Gb/s disk so i can use my computer. But in the future i would like to use my NVME disk as bootdisk and the sata as storage. When i open device manager i do see a few yellow triangles with a PCI adapter(Possible the NVME disk?).

Additional information, the disk works. I've tested this in another computer and there i have no problems booting from it.

Please help!
Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 5:55am
Disconnect the SATA 3 disk and all other stuff except GPU, mouse, keyboard and the NVME disk (and double check, that this is mounted correctly).
Do a CMOS reset like described in the manual, restart the system and go to the bios. Goto Exit menu, load defaults, save and exit. Then go again to the bios.
The NVME drive should be visible under
Advanced\Storage Configuration
R7 2700X
Scythe Mugen5
Fata X370 Pro Gaming
G-Skill 2 x F4-3200C14-16GTZ
GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
NVME 960 PRO 512GB, 960 EVO 1TB
PS/2 Kb, USB Mouse
DarkPowerProP9 750W
Marnix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marnix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 6:27am
Originally posted by Ray62 Ray62 wrote:

Disconnect the SATA 3 disk and all other stuff except GPU, mouse, keyboard and the NVME disk (and double check, that this is mounted correctly).
Do a CMOS reset like described in the manual, restart the system and go to the bios. Goto Exit menu, load defaults, save and exit. Then go again to the bios.
The NVME drive should be visible under
Advanced\Storage Configuration

I Will try! Just to be clear, only the gpu/cpu should be connected. Do you also mean casefans disconnected? Or just all the other hardware.
Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 6:46am
This is just to eleminate any influences. Casefans? Your decision.

When i build a new system, i always do that on the desk without unrequired things. I just use the fan for the CPU cooler.
R7 2700X
Scythe Mugen5
Fata X370 Pro Gaming
G-Skill 2 x F4-3200C14-16GTZ
GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
NVME 960 PRO 512GB, 960 EVO 1TB
PS/2 Kb, USB Mouse
DarkPowerProP9 750W
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic