ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RAM issues on A320m-HD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misutero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RAM issues on A320m-HD
    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 9:19am
Greetings.

I recently purchased an Asrock A320m-HD with an AMD Ryzen 7 2700 CPU and an 8GB G.Skill DDR4 RAM stick. I'm running Windows 8.1; there's additional info on the image.

The G.Skill RAM stick will only work on the board's A1 slot; if placed in the B1 slot, the computer will turn itself on, but I get a "no signal" message on the monitor. There's no sound signal.

Thinking that the board's slot might be busted, I borrowed a second 8GB RAM stick, a Kingston one. This stick works on either slot.

Next, I tried using both RAM sticks at the same time. No matter the slot order, windows tells me that, of the 16GB total, only 7,93GB are available; 8GB are "hardware reserved".

So now I'm lost. Something is wrong here. Could you please help me find out if I should return the G.Skill RAM, the motherboard or both?

https://i.imgur.com/cnpyl5Y.jpg
misutero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misutero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 2:08am
Solved it! There as a bent pin on the processor.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic