ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - URGENT B450 HDV R4.0 Ryzen 5 3400G BIOS problem
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

URGENT B450 HDV R4.0 Ryzen 5 3400G BIOS problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bizarre666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: URGENT B450 HDV R4.0 Ryzen 5 3400G BIOS problem
    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 3:54am
Hi guys,
So im new to this technical things i learned meaning of bios 1 week ago let me say that first.
I bought a pc with B450 HDV R4.0 , Ryzen 5 3400G APu 8gb Corsair Vengeance 3000 Ram with Kingston 500/500 240gb ssd. It was budget so i know its not good. I bought this 1 week ago and i got BSOD multiple times with same error code which is THREAD_STUCK_IN_DRIVER. Then i tried to shut down the computer and it stuck on closing screen.when it restart it got in a endless loop of BSOD. When pc arrived to me my BIos version was 3.7 but when u check the support list it says i should use 2.3 . I send it to company they said we updated your bios and fixed the issue . They are really lack of knowledge im not sure they know what they are doing.Pc arrived today didnt experienced BSOD so far but when i enter the Bios screen i cant change anything it only shows what cpu i have and my ram slot. Cant configure anything and there is no option to do so. So my questions is how can i configure my bios settings?Can 3.7 bios version hurt my pc should i find someone to downgrade it to 2.3 ? Like i dont know what to do here please someone help me.
b450 HDV R4.0 Ryzen 5 3400G
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 5:20pm
No, do not downgrade. The "requirement" for any given CPU on the support list
is a minimum not an absolute. In other words, the CPU will work on any BIOS
from that version upward.

If you have not already done so, make sure you have a fresh OS (windows)
installation. Many times BSODs like this are caused by trying to use a previous
installation from another system.

Double check your RAM is inserted in the correct slots and is properly seated
(all the way into the slot).

Make sure your power connections are all properly seated.

Downgrading a BIOS is a very risky procedure and very often bricks (makes non
functional) the motherboard. Only ever perform a downgrade if explicitly
instructed to by ASRock Tech Support or by a similarly qualified professional.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic