ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

stel legend x570 brand new bricked by bios??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chewbaccasauras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: stel legend x570 brand new bricked by bios??
    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 11:22pm
Got a new board, ram and card. Started fine went to the steel legend page, got latest bios put it on a fat32 for instant flash. Finished the flash and now it will not boot. CPU fan spins up, LEDs on everything light up. Dram and cpu LEDs? are solid on post.

Mobo:steel legend x570

Cpu:3600

Ram: v color prism 3200hz? 16g 8x2 dual channel

Psu: corsair 860

Everything spins for about 30s then stops and tries again

Tried different ram setups, tested psu on different system. Is there some secret way to flash back bios on this board? i think it may be bricked by bios :(
alander View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 12:59am
Have you tried reseting CMOS? It doesn't sounds like its bricked, but not reading some components. There have been times when I didn't quite plug the memory all the way in, and it would spin up the fans and keep restarting again without seeing anything on the screen.
chewbaccasauras View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chewbaccasauras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 9:50am
I believe, I cut the system from power and used a screwdriver to bridge the pins, held it for 10s. It worked before i loaded the bios. I have tried different ram configurations,checked the cpu pins, tested with nothing but cpu,fan,powersupply, and 1 stick of ram. Same results.
chewbaccasauras View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chewbaccasauras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 10:51am
Just re read that and, to be clear it did nothing. But the system worked before I flashed the bios.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2020 at 7:23pm
I would contact ASRock Tech Support:
https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

They will be able to help you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic