ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

creator TRX40 no wifi, bluetooth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robinlawrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: creator TRX40 no wifi, bluetooth
    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 12:11am
ive just finished building a lovely new pc with a creator trx40 motherboard, a 3990x processor and a pair of nvme drives.

it all works perfectly apart from a complete absence of onboard wifi and bluetooth.

i have installed all the relevant drivers from the asrock website, and have the latest bios. (1.50)

i dont even have anything resembling bluetooth or wifi adapters in the device manager.

ive switched the wifi from auto to enabled in the bios.. no change.

tried with/without the included antenna attached.

i suspect its defective.. however there is no way im taking he whole thing apart again to RMA the motherboard for that. in the meantime i plugged in a usb wifi adapter which works ok, even if its a bit slow.

any other options?

thanks, Robin.
Robinlawrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robinlawrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 12:14am
oh one thing to note ... i have one device error in device manager:

under "other devices" i have "USB api" with "the drivers for this device are not installed"

no idea what it is, or what driver im missing.. the only ones i didnt install from the website were the floppy driver and the rgb software as i dont have christmas lights in my workstation.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robinlawrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 12:44am
ok the missing usb api was the corsair link driver.. that is now fixed. still no sign of any wifi adapter in device manager (apart from the usb one i plugged in)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robinlawrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 4:25am
wow this forum is useful!    i assume there is nobody from Asrock here?
ThreeDee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 9:31am
if you go to device manager and "show hidden devices" .. does anything show up for wifi/bluetooth? ..if not.. I don't know how the wifi module is installed on this motherboard ..if it's just a card that plugs into the mobo or it's soldered onto it .. either way, if you can locate it and then visually inspect it and reseat if possible .. I'd try that.. I am not familiar with the bios either to know if it's something you can just turn on or off via the BIOS..?

my daughter runs the lowly B350 Fatal1ty gaming itx/ac ..and I had problems with her intel wifi/bluetooth module .. I ended up going to intel and getting the latest driver from them instead of what ASRock had listed and I got it working properly.. but if you are not even seeing it on your rig .. then it's turned off in BIOS (if thats an option) or card isn't seated properly (or soldered) or it could be a dead/bad module. Hard to say without seeing it myself.. or a tear down video of your motherboard on youtube or something (of which I haven't found yet)
|Ryzen 3700x|ASRock X570 Steel Legend-BIOS 2.30|2x16GB HyperX Predator PC3200@PC3600(CAS16)|ASRock RX 5700XT|2x512GB NVMe|850 WTT EVGA GQ 80+ Gold PSU|Noctua NH-D15|

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robinlawrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 6:11pm
no, nothing shows up even with "hidden devices" shown.

the wifi is provided by an adapter plugged into an m2 slot, under the rear heat shield.   in theory its screwed to a vertical metal bracket (according to the manual) so it should not be possible that its not seated properly (also the antenna sockets wouldnt line up with the holes on the rear panel if so)

however its a possibility, and also as its a seperate element, a replacement could possibly be ordered if its defective.   - unfortunately since id need to remove the heat shield, which is screwed on from the bottom of the motherboard, id need to take literally the entire machine apart just to check.

also, unfortunately since Asrock dont reply to tech support emails im not sure how i could even ask for one.

so ill probably a) wait till i need to strip the machine down for another reason, and b) till somebody at Asrock finds the good manners to actually respond and propose some solutions.

thanks for the reply in any case ;)
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 10:13pm
ASRock tech support drops in here from time to time but generally, this is a community
forum though it was created by and is supported by ASRock. It sounds like the the
adapter is either DOA or got jostled in shipping and isn't seated properly
anymore. I honestly suspect it isn't properly seated, these things get knocked
around a lot in shipping.

Edited by Xaltar - 21 Feb 2020 at 10:15pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic