ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Asrock Z87 Extreme4 + Windows 10 pulling my hair!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock Z87 Extreme4 + Windows 10 pulling my hair!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpykeZ0129 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock Z87 Extreme4 + Windows 10 pulling my hair!
    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 8:52pm
I'm at my wits end here how to get Windows 10 installed on this thing, this has to be the worst layout of a BIOS I've ever used.

Got Windows 10 x64 on a usb stick formatted for GPT.
F11 to boot it for UEFI version over the usb option

Windows installation starts up. Windows installs fine. Windows restarts.

If I don't pull my usb out right away I get this error: https://i.imgur.com/H1g7685.jpg is it trying to boot from my rufus drive now?

It always immediately tries booting from the rufus usb so I have to pull it out.

I'm then greeted by the "reboot or select proper drive" or whatever error as if I never installed windows in the first place.

I tried the alt+e method in Rufus for the UEFI or Bios. Still didn't work.

The hell am I doing wrong on this thing. Is there an option ANYWHERE in this bios that you choose legacy OS or UEFI like every other motherboard does? I can't find any reference to it in the manual.

There was also some CSM option I was going to try but when enabling it, my ACHI devices disappeared in the bios so I never went any further with it.

Trying to install to an SSD if that matters at all. Not sure which bios version it is as I couldn't find where it showed the version number, though at that point I was getting pretty pissed so I may have overlooked it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Been working on computers for damn near 20 years and never once had this issue lol.

For those curious, little brother wanted a gaming computer with good hardware and found something that fit his budget just fine.
RLGL View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 10:27pm
Got Windows 10 x64 on a usb stick formatted for GPT.

I am not an expert on Rufus, but the USB stick should be formatted with FAT 32
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K,
Asrock x570 Taichi

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic