FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 Aqua 00 POST code repeated reboots

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X570 Aqua 00 POST code repeated reboots
    Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 5:52am
I would try it with another CPU first. Messing with BIOS flashing etc will only leave
you wondering if it's a bad flash or something wrong with the board.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
NicholasJS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NicholasJS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 4:49am
Did the full CMOS clear. I'm overnighting a 3200G to test it out. I need an AMD test proc anyway.

Is there any way I could find out if the motherboard is broken using the bios flashback or anything?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 3:59am
I would RMA the CPU ASAP. I highly doubt it is the board that freaked out on you.
You can try reinstalling the CPU but I suspect it cooked itself. Given it was working
then randomly stopped and the PSU isn't the issue the CPU would be my first suspect.
The 00 code means the CPU failed to initialize. If you still have issues with the
system with a replacement CPU then post back here.

If you have not already you can also try a full CMOS clear by pulling the battery
and disconnecting power from the system. Be sure to press the power button and
hold it down for 5 - 10 seconds to clear power from the PSU and board capacitors.
leave it like this for 10 - 20 mins then put the battery back in and try powering
on again.
NicholasJS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NicholasJS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 3:31am
So I contacted ASRock tech support through the form you can fill out (https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp). It has been entirely useless.

My original problem as stated was not very useful:

"The motherboard keeps power cycling with post code 00. This started after no changes to settings. It does not post. Tried a different PSU and different ram. CPU was never overclocked.

This is with a 3950x by the way.

The response:
"Your motherboard BIOS needs 1.40 in order to work with your CPU

Find out the bios your ,motherboard comes with it.

My response back:
"It was working and booting into windows until my ticket was sent in. Would that not imply I have a working bios?"

I sent another message to clarify:
"Maybe I should be more specific with my issue. Apologies for my prior poor description. I was using the motherboard since December, I purchased it in September I believe (It was near when they went on sale). I waited for the 3950x to be released to actually use it. I have updated the bios after 12-17-2019 so it should be version 1.70. If not, the fact it booted into windows just fine for the past couple months suggests that it would at least be bios 1.40. The motherboard was working fine until the day I made my ticket. When booting it one day the problems started. It was working fine for those couple months no problems.

Response:
If you have bios screen , please update the bios to latest version P1.70.

Okay, now this is extremely frustrating.
It was working, is now power cycling over and over again while never changing the debug code from 00, It was working, it is now not. I'm then told to update the bios.

It takes over a day to get a response from the email and I'm not very confident that I will get anything more than "Try update bios."

Can someone on here help me? It would be very appreciated.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic