ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Overclocking on B450m Pro4-F

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragonfyre79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Overclocking on B450m Pro4-F
    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 12:54am
I'm trying to do a mild overclock to have all cores running at least 3.8ghz, but when I do the BIOS splash screen hangs a bit, then when I go back into BIOS, my SSD isn't recognized.

I am changing the multiplier, not the BCLK, keeping it on auto and bumping the voltage up to 1.20

Is it something to do with the PCI-E lanes being affected in regard to voltage?

I read somewhere about disabling CSM would fix the issue, but I'm not sure.
dragonfyre79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragonfyre79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 11:31pm
I was able to resolve this by doing a bit of searching on YT. I neglected to set the SOC voltage and kept it on auto. Most likely setting the overclock screwed with that voltage and wouldn't play nice with the chipset and pci-e lanes.

After I set that manually, I was able to clock my CPU to run at 3.7ghz on all cores using the stock cooler (1600 AF). I'm going to get an AIO before trying to do anything higher, and set my board back to auto on all fronts. 3.7 isn't going to see much of a boost in performance anyway.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic