ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Separate audio device on front jack AB350 GamingK4
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Separate audio device on front jack AB350 GamingK4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illuvattarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Separate audio device on front jack AB350 GamingK4
    Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 6:07am
I have a AB350 Gaming K4 motherboard and I'm using a headset with a headset jack which is connected through a splitter cable to the front speaker+mic jacks.

It's working fine, but everytime I use the headset, I have to connect the front jack cables because if I keep them connected, the audio does not play on my speakers.

I would like to have the front jacks to be a separate audio device which I can switch through the Windows 10 soundsettings (like this: https://tunecomp.net/switch-sound-output-headphones-speakers-windows-10/)
But I can only ever see 1 audio device: Speakers (Realtek HD Audio). I want to see two devices there, so I can easily switch between them.

How do I set this up?
_Mael_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Mael_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2020 at 1:14am
open Realtek control panel, on the upper right you will see a folder icon, enter and check the box: "Disable Front Panel Jack Detection"
now you will have audio for your speakers
illuvattarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illuvattarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2020 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by _Mael_ _Mael_ wrote:

open Realtek control panel, on the upper right you will see a folder icon, enter and check the box: "Disable Front Panel Jack Detection"
now you will have audio for your speakers

Thanks for your answer! But if I do that than I hear the audio through my speakers and headset at the same time. And I still can't select an audio device in the windows sound settings.
_Mael_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Mael_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 2:46am
Use this driver

https://download.asrock.com/Drivers/All/Audio/Audio(v8067_FF10).zip
illuvattarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illuvattarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 4:15pm
That is the one I'm using.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic