ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450M Pro4 custom fan software

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pavelcheto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B450M Pro4 custom fan software
    Posted: 23 May 2020 at 10:06pm
Hello,

I have a B450M Pro4 board. I also have MSI 1080 Ti SeaHawk. The GPU has a fan on the radiator that does not connect to the GPU unfortunately. It is currently connected to the Chassis Fan1 connector on the motherboard. So now I am controlling the fan by the CPU temp (Tctrl) in A-tuning.

The problem is when I start a game the CPU does not heat up a lot, it holds around 57 - 59 C. And the fan curve for the CF1 is to be at 100% at this CPU temp. But outside of games the CPU sometimes spikes up above 60 C for several seconds, when starting a program, or opening several tabs in a browser. And this spins up the GPU fan to the max for that time and it is really loud and annoying.

I couldn't find software that can control the fan and read the GPU temp.

I read that setting the fan to follow Cpu Temp. not Tctrl is better for my situation but if I set a fan to follow Cpu Temp, the fan goes to 100% no matter the temp.

I have some experience with C++ so I thought I could write some software for my case. A-tuning can control the fan and MSI Afterburner can read the GPU temp correctly, so it should be possible. Is there an open source version of A-tuning that I can use to see how it controls the fans or is there a library provided by ASrock to use to control the fans?

The other idea I had was to quickly change the fan curve in A-tuning before I start a game and returning to another after closing a game. But I don't see a quick way to change profiles or something like that in A-tuning. Or maybe write a program to change the saved values of A-tuning quickly.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic