ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

x570 Creator QVL BS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S33R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x570 Creator QVL BS
    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 4:06pm
Bought a x570 Creator mobo and found the RAM kit I wanted on the Matisse QVL. Purchased the kit, go to install the kit...AND THE FN MODULES DON'T FIT IN THE RAM SLOTS!! The gap in the DDR4 module doesn't line up with the peg in the RAM slot. I took the RAM and the mobo to a local computer shop and the DDR4 RAM fit into one of their DDR4 mobos with no issue, so the problem is with the RAM slots on the mobo...they DON'T ACCEPT DDR4 MODULES!!!

Has anyone else had this problem?
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 7:27pm
first dont know what ram you got second prolly needs elbow grease
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 11:38pm
the ram slots are manufactured by a third party
and would be supplied to ALL board makers for ALL systems (intel/amd)

the ram slot is offset eg out of two ways to fit the ram it only goes one way

did you try rotating the stick 180 degrees
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
S33R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S33R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 8:13pm
Yes, I rotated it 180 degrees, and like I said, I took it to a computer store and the tech there tried to install it and had the same problem. The gap on the stick and the peg in the slot do not line up. They are off by about a centimeter one way and three centimeters the other.

The problem isn't with the RAM, since that was installed in another board without a problem. The problem is that the mobo has slots that don't accept regular DDR4 modules. Either the wrong slots were installed on the mobo in assembly or there is some kind of special RAM that is used for this board. I haven't seen anyone complaining about this problem, or mention needing special DDR4 sticks, so it probably is the first thing, unlikely as that sounds.
S33R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S33R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 8:23pm
HX436C17PB3K4/64 is the kit I have, which is listed on the Creator's Matisse QVL. It is HyperX 4x16 DDR4 3600 Samsung B-die. It SHOULD fit.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic