ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - B550m PRO4 usb device disconnecting and reconnecti
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B550m PRO4 usb device disconnecting and reconnecti

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote localhorst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 9:12pm
I was wrong, after using Windows 10 for 30 minutes it suddenly started activating and deactivating USB again. Thats so bad. I have deactivated the controller in the control panel, but it cannot remain permanent. Please ASRock, correct this bug or I will send the mainboard back to the seller.
jordi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by localhorst localhorst wrote:

I was wrong, after using Windows 10 for 30 minutes it suddenly started activating and deactivating USB again. Thats so bad. I have deactivated the controller in the control panel, but it cannot remain permanent. Please ASRock, correct this bug or I will send the mainboard back to the seller.

I have a few items which seem to have a bit more traffic on USBs, and these seem to trigger the whole chain of events. I have some music hardware (more specifically a Focusrite USB soundcard and a Minibrute synthesizer). My way to reproduce has been to hog the system with the synthesizer, then after a while things start to go south.

ASRock support _did_ reply to me, but I found it in my spambox, so one of these days I'm going to run through all the suggestions and will try to pinpoint the problem area.

If you find more things, please keep me (and others) posted, as it's really a pain in the ass. It's much appreciated <3
localhorst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote localhorst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 9:29pm
Yes, it's all very annoying. My last ASRock board with an AM3 processor ran very well with no problems.

The Steel Legend with UEFI version 2.80 delivers the following error when starting Linux:

[0.003597] __common_interupt: 1.55 No irq handler for vector

If I switch back to version 2.60 and deactivate the eHCI controller in the BIOS, this error does not appear. Then USB 3 is deactivated and front USB is also deactivated, but Windows and Linux are running very well.
jmandawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmandawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 11:12pm
These boards are all defective. I highly recommend returning and buy an asus, msi or gigabyte. It may be $20-$30 more but think about all the time you wasted on this asrock problem. They won't even reply to this forum to help.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 11:25pm
jmandawg, this is a community forum not an official support avenue. While yes, ASRock
can and does reply threads here they do not see every post made on the forums.
When the forums are not able to help you you need to make a support ticket to
ASRock directly:

https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

The fact that ASRock does actually check in on the forums and try to help people
here is one of the key reason I am a moderator here.
herbderp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herbderp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 5:32pm
So, what's the current status with this problem?
Is it safe to buy a B550M Pro4 now?
Was there a HW rev. update or a BIOS update to fix this?
Or is it still unresolved?
herbderp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herbderp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 12:52am
@Xaltar: Could bring the following to the attention of some tech at ASrock?

It's seems like Gigabyte has the same USB disconnection problem with one of their B550 boards:
https://old.reddit.com/r/gigabyte/comments/hrca2y/problems_with_b550_aorus_pro_ac/gcxg667/

At least two users were able to fix the problem by discabling C-States in the BIOS, which let the voltage drop too low in idle for the chipsets USB ports, resulting in repeated reconnections.

Gigabyte has issued a new BIOS to fix these stability problems at least on Matisse systems.

Agassijeremy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agassijeremy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 5:23am
i have b550m pro 4 too and i disconnect my 3.1 usb type A and C on the motherboard through uefi and my problem seem to be not occuring anymore. but this is not a fix, just a workaround.
Agassijeremy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agassijeremy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 5:35am
i mean disabled not disconnect. i also have a problem with slow boot time and laggy uefi. if some body have this issue too, open device manager in the view tab click show hidden device, scroll through all of your driver and uninstall all "ghost driver" which indicated by nearly transparent icon. this is from my personal experience with my motherboard and my system it may not work with everyone and DWYOR
adroxon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adroxon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 1:03pm
Im using asrock z490m itx also encountering this problem
bios/uefi get laggy, post freezing for while but run normal afterwards. When in win 10 it keeps saying usb unrecognized constant connet reconnect sound.
is the motherboard beccome faulty? Coz i still claim warranty
Or it is something else?
I've disconnected all my usb when in windows and this sound/notifications still going
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic