ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z490 Taichi drivers & utilities DVD.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NadeMagnet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z490 Taichi drivers & utilities DVD.
    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 10:44am
I can not for the life of me get the DVD to run. I know I installed the optical drive correctly. lol It's not much of an installation. Just plug a sata power and data cable in. Plus I tested it with some old game CD's. Ran fine. Tested it with my new LG monitor's DVD manual. Ran it just fine. I try to run the asrock dvd and it just ejects it. Right clicking on the optical drive and clicking properties shows file system unknown, used space, free space, and capacity, all 0 bytes. So for some reason it doesn't even register that there is a DVD in the drive. I tried changing the boot order to boot off the DVD but it just bypasses it and boots off my SSD instead. So what gives here? I'm at a loss.
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 12:12pm
Dear Nade,

Thanks for posting.

Was the ASRock CD loaded under the Win10?
If not, please load the CD under the Win10.

With thanks,
ASRock TSD
NadeMagnet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NadeMagnet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 12:36pm
Yes it was with win 10 home. First with the stock outdated win 10 that came on the USB. And also the now updated win 10. It won't read the dvd no matter what I try.
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 1:44pm
Dear Nade,

Thanks for the reply.

The CD can be corrupted.
But just in case, do you have another system that can check the CD?

If the other system shows the same thing, please contact the store for the further assistance.

Just for your reference, all of the drivers and the software can be downloaded via the link below:
https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z490%20Taichi/#Download

With thanks,
ASRock TSD
NadeMagnet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NadeMagnet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 2:17am
I went over to my folks house and tried it on my moms laptop and it worked so at least I know the DVD is not corrupt. Still can't get it to run on my optical. I searched around for new drivers for it and found some but when trying to install any of them it says I already have the latest driver. The optical is TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224BB. Any thoughts? I know I can find the drivers from your site but I'd still like to solve this puzzle of why it doesn't work on my drive in case I come across something like this again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic