ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 3200g APU + Asrock B450 Gaming-ITX/AC =No Graphics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

3200g APU + Asrock B450 Gaming-ITX/AC =No Graphics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SINTORMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3200g APU + Asrock B450 Gaming-ITX/AC =No Graphics
    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 3:52am
So I can't for the life of me figure out what this issue is with this. New build for a family member. Mainly just internet browsing and photoshop work so I decided we would use one of the Ryzen apu's instead of cpu plus discrete graphics. I figured the issue was not up to date bios but it's still not working on 4.10 which is quite new.

I had to throw in an old GPU to install windows because I couldn't get any hdmi output from the mobo (didn't try DP.. no cable on hand). Got everything all setup and after the bios update tried switching the graphics setting to onboard vs discrete and still get no output. However once I get past post and windows loads it shows up just fine via the mobo hdmi connector and no gpu installed.

Not a huge deal as the family member will never need to get into the bios but I on the other hand might need to if they ever need me to service it.

Am I missing something? Anybody experience the same thing?
SINTORMAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SINTORMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 6:54am
So I didn't fix the problem but I have found a workaround for people facing the same dilemma. I bought a Display Port to VGA cable and FINALLY I was able to get back into the bios with onboard graphics. I also submitted a ticket to asrock so hopefully they can look into this issue.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic