ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 Taichi LEDs Freak Out

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astrotech89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X570 Taichi LEDs Freak Out
    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 8:16am
Hello,

After having the system up for around an hour, the LEDs would freak out (go rainbow and the first 2 LEDs on each channel would be opposite in color from the rest). No error code on the motherboard. To fix this, I have to reflash the LED by using command prompt and putting in:

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\ASRRGBLED\Bin
wICPFLASHADSBv2.exe
wICPFLASHADSBv2 /File=nu51_3.04

Sometimes, this LED freak out would make my entire system freeze. This keeps happening and I keep have to reflash it each time. It began happening 2 days ago. The build is only 2 weeks old and all components are brand new. My specs are:

Ryzen 9 3900X
AsRock X570 Taichi
64GB 3200MHz
AsRock Radeon RX5500XT
OS on M.2 512 GB drive
Data on 1TB HDD
1000W PSU

Could someone please tell me how to permanently fix this issue?

Thank you.
Felipefuji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Felipefuji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 4:04pm
I have the same problem. and I have not found a solution yet.
Astrotech89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astrotech89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 1:02am
I think I found what the issue was. I did the whole simultaneous RDP login and my wife and I were signed in simultaneously. Well, because we were signed in simultaneously, the AsRock Polychrome Sync application was also working on both profiles because we enabled the auto start with Windows start. So this application was sending the motherboard different signals and I guess it breaks the firmware which causes a freeze and restart. I disabled it and now it seems to be working well.
Felipefuji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Felipefuji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 2:02am
I have rdp disabled. But I think I already have the problem and it is basically the same as it happens to you. When Razer Chroma connects with an external program, it generates something that causes it to fail.
Thank you very much anyway for the information :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic