ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nothing shows on Monitor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emagdalena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nothing shows on Monitor
    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 12:45am
Hello,
I just purchased a barebone system and every topic I looked at in the forum it doesn't seem to work. I have removed the CMOS battery and waited overnight and I switched memory chips in their slots and used just one memory chip and I verified that both CPU and motherboard have video capability according to Newegg's website. I have tried everything so here is what I have maybe someone can help me out thanks in advance.

ASRock B450M Pro
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
2 T-Force 32 GB DDR4 3200

_Mael_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Mael_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 1:44am
My friend, the 3700X does not have dedicated video, you have to buy a dedicated graphics card or change the processor for an APU, which are the ones that come with integrated graphics, 2200g, 2400g, 3400g among others.
emagdalena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emagdalena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 2:45am
UGH I should of known Newegg was lying it's been about 7 years since I built a PC so I am way rusty I appreciate you enlightining me. Well time to look for a card thanks again.
emagdalena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emagdalena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 2:59am
BY the way the onboard video adapters they will use the graphics card to display or do I have to go off the video card adapters?
jdillipl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdillipl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 2:45am
The connectors on the video card itself.

Jake
Asrock X370 Killer SLI/ac, Amd Ryzen 7 1700, GSkill FlareX F4-2400C16D-32GFX, RaidMax Thunder V2 735W PS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic