ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

x570 Creator network and tb3 issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillkrueger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x570 Creator network and tb3 issues
    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 7:23pm
So after being entirely Mac-based in my studio for 15 years (with the occasional Bootcamp and Windows VM setup), I finally took reception my first Windows build in many years, yesterday...for my media production work (photo/video/cinematography and 3D/VR), I needed something with serious power, without paying the Apple tax, and decided on a Ryzen 3900x system with an RTX 3090 (MSI)...since I am dependent on the resolution and color-profiles of my LG5K display, I needed something that supports Thunderbolt 3 and came to realize that there is really only the ASRock x570 (I got the Creator), which is what the company that built it for me special-ordered, before putting it all together and sending it my way...I'll spare you the gist of the dozens of emails that had to written in the process.

So much for the backstory (sorry for the long intro). Here are my first two issues:

How to get the 3090 graphics to my LG5K TB3 display?

When unpacking it, yesterday, I immediately noticed that there wasn't a connection between the RTX 3090 and the Displayport header on the Creator mobo. Not surprising, as Nvidia did include a Dport plug on their newest 30xx series, like they did on some of their 20xx series boards. I will have to figure out, now, how to make the connection to my LG5K, which only supports tb3 as input. Anyone know whether connecting an 8K Dport cable from one of the outside ports of the 3090, run the cable into the case and plug it into the Dport header? If not, anyone knows how to do it? That is, if TB3 even works, since I saw that many people with these boards have issues getting TB3 to work.

Why is my 1Gb LAN light blinking orange and no network computers reachable?

Next issue that has stopped me dead in my tracks since yesterday is that the 1Gb LAN port doesn't allow configuration via DHCP...it does show an IP number that should work (so it must have gotten it from somewhere, unless the company that built it for me happens to use the same subnet and first 3 IP blocks), but setting it to DHCP does nothing. Setting them manually alerts me to potential issues using two gateways (not sure what that's about, as I only use the standard Fritzbox gateway 192.168.178.1).

I was able to get the WLAN connection to access the internet, but I am still not able to see any other computers on my network, and when being online, many page-loads take a minute or more (I'm on a 500/50Mb that works great from my Macs), and often throw an error that's something like "Network changed while trying to access page". I diabled the 1Gb LAN to eliminate the chance that it is interfering, and even saw that some 103MB were transferred in/out, since yesterday).

Anyway, I am stuck, as I can't connect to my network, and can't connect to the Internet from my 1Gb LAN port.
Once that is hopefully figured out, I will have to deal with how to get my LG5K connected and working.

Anyone have any pointers? I read through all the thresds here and elsewhere about network adapter not showing uyp at all, but that isn't the problem, for me.

Hope someone can help me out.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic