ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 Phantom Gaming 4 won't Boot from USB

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandicreally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X570 Phantom Gaming 4 won't Boot from USB
    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 3:48am
So I just setup my new storage server using an Asrock X570 Gaming Phantom 4 motherboard but am having a problem. I installed my USB stick to boot up my UNRAID server on the system, but it won't boot from the USB. BIOS clearly detects it, I've tried multipler Rear I/O USB ports, and absolutely set it to Boot from the USB Stick. When I "Save Changes and Exit", the system boots to BIOS then goes directly into the BIOS menu without me pressing any buttons. If I hit F11 and try to Force it to boot from the USB Stick, it does the same thing, heading into the BIOS Menu after a restart.

Am I missing something here? I know UNRAID isn't the same as a Windows Installer but it should at least attempt booting. The USB Stick was in a working system just a few days ago, I upgraded due to Hardware concerns, not software.

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 3400G CPU
Asrock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 mobo (Bios 3.10)
16GB (2x8) Corsair LPX 3200 RAM (clocked at 2400mhz CL15)
Sandisk USB stick
mandicreally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandicreally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 5:38am
It looks like the issue may be down to CMS Support. It is Disabled by Default on the Motherboard and I CANNOT ENABLE IT. There is ZERO option to enable it in BIOS Revisions 3.20 or 3.10. I guess I will have to roll the BIOS back a few steps and see if it was removed somewhere along the line.
mandicreally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandicreally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 6:56am
I had to roll back to BIOS Revision 2.60 to actually get CSM working on this motherboard. 3.00, 3.10, and 3.20 are completely missing the CSM menus. Ridiculous.

Enabling CSM was my problem and now I'm up and running.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic