ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

970 Pro3 R2.0 - System Build Issue, No Output

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hansonc8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 970 Pro3 R2.0 - System Build Issue, No Output
    Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 6:25am
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone can help. I am trying to diagnose an issue with a friends new build. He has installed a 6350 Black edition CPU ( FD6350FRHKBOX) AMD CPU. We cannot get any output what so ever from the motherboard. I have removed all parts from the case and have rebuilt on my test bed. Currently the only components installed are the CPU and the RAM, we have tried 2 different GPU's to ensure that that isnt the GPU causing issues. I am not getting any beep codes from the motherboard at all. We took the Motherboard back to the supplier and it booted fine. I am wondering if it is purely the CPU model. Can anyone help....

Regards

Craig H
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 10:32am
Na. The CPU is supported by ALL BIOS revisions.

1. As it's a common oversight, have you connected the 8-pin power leading from the PSU to the 8-pin CPU Power socket in the upper left corner of the motherboard?

2. What's the Make and Model of your(their) memory Kit?

3. Have you done an out of the case build-up atop the BARE box the motherboard came in?

Edited by wardog - 31 Jan 2016 at 10:32am
Nothing here. Move on!

16,441 - https://www.3dmark.com/fs/13030306
hansonc8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hansonc8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 12:13pm
Hi Wardog,

Thanks for replying so quickly.

Amusingly the people who initally built the machine hadn't connected the the 8 pin power connector. This is now connected ( I have over looked that in the past). Its a Corsair memory kit, will have to get the actual specs tomorrow as i have had to return the bits to them. As far as building out of the case, yes i did that as soon as i had a look to minimize system shorts. Im kind of at a loss as the supplier they returned the motherboard to yesterday had the system booting with their kit. I have not built a system with an asrock motherboard for some time. Should the system return beep codes (which is what i was expecting) and if so at what point should it do this?

Thanks
hansonc8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hansonc8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 12:21pm
Just Had a thought..... not built a machine in a while so never thought to check. I only tried booting the system with one of the 4 DIMMs bought, in. Should the DIMMs be installed in parallel like they used to be. ie should there be a DIMM in socket A1 and B1 or A1 and A2 for the system to boot. I thought that methodology had gone away a while ago. I removed all DIMMs barr 1 in slot A1 to minimize issues, but have i created one?

Only removed the RAM after pluging in the 8 pin pwr connecter that had been left off, but before booting.....

*** <edit> Reading further suggests the above to not matter, however i used the slot closest to the CPU.... again does this matter ***

Edited by hansonc8 - 31 Jan 2016 at 12:42pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 1:09pm
Mm, no, it shouldn't in theory, but using the furthest slot for a single stick or A2 and B2 for a pair is the preferred method and most likely to garner a result. When properly running A2 and B2 are the correct slots to use with a two stick 2x?GB kit.

Speaking of kits, you now mention four sticks. Are these 4 matched sticks, meaning they all four came packaged as one Corsair Part Number?

Beeping, I don't believe this motherboard, like a lot of new'ish ones, has an onboard buzzer. Do you somewhere there maybe have a proper 2-wire buzzer laying around to connect to the "Chassis Speaker Header (SPEAKER 1)" located in the lower right corner?

Well, as the supplier tested ok, when you get it all back and in front of you next, post back the Make, Model, and Part Numbers of all parts that it consists of. Knowing these sometimes goes a long way in us here helping. This being an International forum we can't physically lean over your shoulder and take a look see for ourselves. Or in yours and mines instance here, my eyesight isn't enough to look over "The Pond' that separates us Tongue
Nothing here. Move on!

16,441 - https://www.3dmark.com/fs/13030306
hansonc8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hansonc8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 10:18pm
Hi Wardog,

Just wanted to say thank you for the help you provided. As it happens I have managed to sort the issue. The machine is now running, although the CPU fan speed seems a little high, which I will investigate next time I have the opportunity.

To solve all I did was a full CMOS reset including removing the battery which solved the problem.

That'll teach me for trying to diagnose a problem when I'd had a few to drink lol.

Thanks again

Regards

Craig
Live to the Max or die trying
Marcin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 8:14pm
Hi Everyone.
I have the same problem.I bought asrock mobo after my old one died.I replaced but graphics card radeon wont start.It says on monitor no signal.I have tried different graphic card from my son computer still problem exist.There is no beeps from motherboard at all.Resetted couple times CMOS,taking off battery.Still nothing.Is anything else what I can do.I think mobo wont read graphic card.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic