ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asus K6+ gaming. Code 99 (SOLVED)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simenbastian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asus K6+ gaming. Code 99 (SOLVED)
    Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 5:20pm
Ok i bought a new computer, got the parts and build it up. My GPU was delayed by mail, but i wanted to boot up and check if everything was working. 

What i installed:
Samsung 850 EVO SSD - 1TB
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 DC 32GB

Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 PCI Express 3.0 x4 (NVMe)

Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake - Box 

Im getting a code 99 error from the mobo, so i tried to disconnect everything but the memory and cpu. But it didnt help. I did a CMOS reset by pressing the button at the back panel (by the USB ports etc.).

Screen is black. No picture at all. Im using a "ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q 27" 16:9 2560 x 1440 IPS 165*Hz G-Sync" monitor.

So, what to do?

My motherboard is ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6+ 

Edited by Simenbastian - 08 Aug 2016 at 4:47am
Simenbastian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simenbastian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 6:27pm
So this is what i tried so far.
Disconnect everything from mobo. Only CPU fan cable, motherboard powercable and CPU powercable plugged in. CPU cable is 8-pin if that makes a differance. And one DIMM connected (tried differant slots).

Reset CMOS by removing battery and moving jumper to clear CMOS

But no luck

EDIT: 
So i took the entire motherboard out of the case. The only cables that were connected was one 8-pin cable to the CPU and MOBO powersuply cable. Other than that i connectet the Keyboard, if not i would get a differant error code (d7). I then reseted the CMOS by pulling out the battery and moving the CMOS pin.

One memory DIMM is in B2 (tried all of them)

Stil i get code 99 error and no image on my monitor. I use a HDMI cable. 

Gues my mobo is defect?

Edited by Simenbastian - 06 Aug 2016 at 9:11pm
Simenbastian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Simenbastian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 4:46am
Ok problem solved. 

My monitor was set on using display port when i used the HDMI port. So that solved the monitor problem. 
The Error 99 disappeared when i entred the bios, and from there everything worked out fine. 

Other than that i gotta say the motherboard i pretty nice... I was suprised how easy it was to update drivers and Bios, even without any disc. reader.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 12:43pm
Interesting. Error 99 with the incorrect monitor cable. I'll keep this in mind for future reference.

A big Thank You for taking the time to return and post your findings. For that I've "Thanked' your post.

Originally posted by Simenbastian Simenbastian wrote:

Ok problem solved. 

My monitor was set on using display port when i used the HDMI port. So that solved the monitor problem. 
The Error 99 disappeared when i entred the bios, and from there everything worked out fine. 

Other than that i gotta say the motherboard i pretty nice... I was suprised how easy it was to update drivers and Bios, even without any disc. reader.
X370 SLI/ac(r1.03, BIOS 5.10), 1500X, H115i, F4-4133C19D-16GTZA, 970 EVO M.2 250GB + 500GB, Tt Core X9 Black

16,441 - https://www.3dmark.com/fs/13030306
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic