ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ALC1150 Issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sebastian869 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ALC1150 Issues
    Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 12:13am
why is it that when i looked at the r2.79 off realteks site and when i look for ALC1150 its not in there at all even back to Realtek Driver Package R1.0 v5.10.0.5017 and to make it worst even new MOBO like the X99 OC Formula/3.1. I have the 1150,  I have an z97 extreme6 which comes with v6.0.1.7004 What am im missing?

Thx,
Sebastian

odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 12:02am
Originally posted by sebastian869 sebastian869 wrote:

why is it that when i looked at the r2.79 off realteks site and when i look for ALC1150 its not in there at all even back to Realtek Driver Package R1.0 v5.10.0.5017 and to make it worst even new MOBO like the X99 OC Formula/3.1. I have the 1150,  I have an z97 extreme6 which comes with v6.0.1.7004 What am im missing?

Thx,
Sebastian

When you look at the realtek site for the HD download, they don't list the models because it's for all of them.   

As for the 7004, I don't know where you're looking for this list of models, but it is for the 1150. 

Just ignore this thing with model list, every R series will work. 

The important thing is that the device ID and all the drivers and .DLL inside the installer have ones for that devise.  

I have the 1150 and I can tell you should use the 7004 from ASrock  because there can be added hardware from the MOBO that Realtelk doesn't support.  

Sound isn't  a SATA port,  using the newest driver won't change anything or get you better sound. 

If you want the best sound, use the Optical SPDIF  out port and  hookup to a 1000.00 receiver with top of the line Klipsch , Polk, Definitive,  you get it.
asrocking
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 1:55am
Here is the ALC 1150 on the realtek website:

Here is the HD audio codec driver download page,  this only shows  the ALC 5621, AC97 and for all others like the 1150, The  HDAC  package. 

I kind of didn't follow your question and assumed you meant that there is no list for the 1150 in DL.

But above you can see the 1150,  and know that the HDAC is for all the rest of the models.

What you should do is always download the driver/software from the ASrock site for your board. 

For anyone who wants a newer driver, don't run a new installer and don't uninstall the driver / software that was installed into windows. 

You can download a newer  or newest version, and use devise MGR, and update the driver only. 

If I have this wrong as to what you have posted please post back.

asrocking
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 2:02am
Odiebugs is correct. When it comes to audio drivers I have found that installing the software from the manufacturer site (Asrock in this instance) then downloading and updating just the driver using device manager yields the best performance and compatibility. Most motherboard manufacturers use a modified version of the Realtek software that is tuned for the motherboard, the actual audio chip and its drivers however are always standard so it is perfectly safe to update them while retaining the proprietary motherboard software.
Pcman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pcman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 5:23am
First solutions is to reinstall your driver if again don't work try from different driver you can download from official realteek download page ,, i also has some llittle bug with the driver but i reinstall and now work good realtek alc1150 driver  here i find the driver. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic