ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RAM not all showing up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B4Real Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RAM not all showing up
    Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 1:31am
Don't know how long this has been going on but I'm guessing it happened after I updated my bios. I have 16gb ram installed, bios and windows only show 8gb it used to show all 16 but now it does not. All 16gb show up in CPU-Z but no where else. I have tried all 4 sticks in different slots and different configurations and all slots work and all sticks work just not all together. My set up is:

MB: ASRock P67 Extreme 6
Bios: P2.10
Windows 10 home 64bit
CPU: i7 2600k
Ram: G.Skill PC3-12800 4 sticks at 4gb each

Like I said it has worked in the past but was having some other issues so I updated my Bios about a month ago and not sure if thats when it stopped recognizing it or if it stopped before that.

*Also posted on Tom's Hardware

marineson09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marineson09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 11:03am
Same thing is happening to me!
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by B4Real<u><b> B4Real wrote:

Don't know how long this has been going on but I'm guessing it happened after I updated my bios. I have 16gb ram installed, bios and windows only show 8gb it used to show all 16 but now it does not. All 16gb show up in CPU-Z but no where else. I have tried all 4 sticks in different slots and different configurations and all slots work and all sticks work just not all together. My set up is:

MB: ASRock P67 Extreme 6
Bios: P2.10
Windows 10 home 64bit
CPU: i7 2600k
Ram: G.Skill PC3-12800 4 sticks at 4gb each

Like I said it has worked in the past but was having some other issues so I updated my Bios about a month ago and not sure if thats when it stopped recognizing it or if it stopped before that.

*Also posted on Tom's Hardware

Not knowing when the missing memory situation happened makes it more difficult to diagnose, of course.

Two things catch my attention as potential causes, or are related to your situation:

Updating the UEFI/BIOS. UEFI 2.10 is the Ivy Bridge processor compatibility update, any you have a Sandy Bridge CPU. It's not wrong to use 2.10 with your CPU, but as the warning in that update say, you must at least update the Intel Management Engine (IME) software. Did you do that? That is also related to the next thing, below.

Using Windows 10. When did you start using Windows 10? Is your Windows 10 installation an update, or a fresh, new Win 10 installation? Whether an update of new installation, you should download and install the INF driver ver:10.1.1.8, and Intel Management Engine driver ver:11.0.0.1156, installation programs from your board's download page (the forum's link creation tool is having issues, I can only link to your board's main page):

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/P67%20Extreme6/

Missing memory, less being recognized than installed, can be caused by the memory speed being to high, and/or the DRAM voltage being to low.

First try to simply get all your memory recognized. If you are using the XMP profile now, disable it and set the memory speed to Auto, as well as all the memory latency and other memory settings. We don't know what DRAM voltage setting you are using, at first try Auto. If that does not work, try increasing it by 0.5V. Sometimes the voltage setting and the actual, resulting voltage can be different. If your H/W Monitor screen does not show the DRAM voltage, find another program that does, as CPU-Z or HWiNFO64.

If you can get all your memory recognized, then try using the XMP profile, or increasing the speed and latency options manually. Do changes in small steps, and save working changes in a profile in the UEFI. The VCCSA and VTT voltages can also help with memory, small increases are usually the most that is needed.

Your board also has a Beta UEFI version, L2.19, that improves memory compatibility. That UEFI may have fixes that will help with your memory issue.

The time of the last UEFI update and the start of using Windows 10, we don't know, but clearing the UEFI/CMOS with Windows 10 installed, is a good idea. Windows 10 slips in updates all the time, and who knows what affect they have. Your P67 system is on the border line between good Win 10 compatibility with newer systems, and questionable or less than optimal compatibility for earlier systems. The further back in time we go from Sandy Bridge chipset boards (yours), the more compatibility issues we see with Win 10.
B4Real View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B4Real Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 5:47am
Yes I have updated all my Intel drivers. 

My memory all shows up in CPU-Z so it's not missing but it does not show up anywhere else (bios,system) when I go into my BIOS I don't even have the XMP option, I have tried both the BIOS 2.10 and BIOS 2.19 XMP does not show up in either BIOS, is there anywhere I can get the old BIOS from and use that, I know that one works because my memory used to all show up.   
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by B4Real B4Real wrote:

Yes I have updated all my Intel drivers. 

My memory all shows up in CPU-Z so it's not missing but it does not show up anywhere else (bios,system) when I go into my BIOS I don't even have the XMP option, I have tried both the BIOS 2.10 and BIOS 2.19 XMP does not show up in either BIOS, is there anywhere I can get the old BIOS from and use that, I know that one works because my memory used to all show up.   

What "old' BIOS, and I'll post a link to it here as soon as I get a response.
Nothing here. Move on!

16,441 - https://www.3dmark.com/fs/13030306
B4Real View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B4Real Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 10:49am
I'm not sure I guess the one right before 2.10 or one that is compatible with sandy bridge for the p67 extreme 6.

Thank you 
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 12:50pm
I don't see a 2.00 or 1.90

Below is the Instant Flash ver. of 1.80
http://www30.zippyshare.com/v/Y9lny9dY/file.html

Below is the Instant Flash ver. of 1.70
http://www30.zippyshare.com/v/cYA6dXit/file.html
Nothing here. Move on!

B4Real View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B4Real Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 12:35am
Thanks for the reply, sorry its been so long I was going to build a new computer around the holidays so I didn't mess with the bios you gave me I was just living with the 8gb of ram but now I tried to update my bios and can't get the files to be recognized in instant flash, is there something special I need to do? I have tried 2 different usb sticks both reformatted in fat and fat32, when I go to instant flash it can not find any files.  The 1.70 shows up as a 70 file and the 1.80 as an 80 file under win explorer. Do I just copy that file to the usb and nothing else? Thanks
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 1:24am
Yea, unpack the file. Then move it to the root of a formatted FAT32 USB stick, inserted into a USB 2.0 port at the back of the computer at the rear I/O panel.

That help?
Nothing here. Move on!

B4Real View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B4Real Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 8:08am
No luck, It just does not want to work for me. I unplugged all my usb cords and tried my both of my usb thumb drives that have the bios file on them in every single usb port I have and  instant flash will not recognize the file. Do you happen to have any windows bios files?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic