ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How do i deactivate the SATA Hotplug in Bios

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do i deactivate the SATA Hotplug in Bios
    Posted: 29 Nov 2016 at 3:28am
Hello, like mentioned above im searching how i can disable the Hotplug Feature of the ASMEDIA Controller my Board uses. Windows detects Hard Drives conncted to the Asmedia Controller als external Drives and not intern drives wich bugs me a lot.

I need to use the asmedia posts since i dont have enough of the Intel ports since M2 disables them. i looked in the BIOS/UEFI and i can only find the option to disable hotplug on the intel controller wich does not cause the problem.

Is there a solution for my Problem so that Windows detects my Hard Drives like it should?

Thanks!

MB i use "Fatal1ty Z170 Professional Gaming i7"
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2016 at 3:37am
Easily done but I need to know what Windows OS you use. ie 10 x64, 8.1 x86 etc

Edited by wardog - 29 Nov 2016 at 3:38am
Nothing here. Move on!

16,441 - https://www.3dmark.com/fs/13030306
DonFale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2016 at 5:03am
i use win10 pro 64bit

if you mean to do it with a registry entry i already did do it but the hard disks always show in devices and on safe eject
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2016 at 10:01am
Originally posted by DonFale DonFale wrote:

Hello, like mentioned above im searching how i can disable the Hotplug Feature of the ASMEDIA Controller my Board uses. Windows detects Hard Drives conncted to the Asmedia Controller als external Drives and not intern drives wich bugs me a lot.

I need to use the asmedia posts since i dont have enough of the Intel ports since M2 disables them. i looked in the BIOS/UEFI and i can only find the option to disable hotplug on the intel controller wich does not cause the problem.

Is there a solution for my Problem so that Windows detects my Hard Drives like it should?

Thanks!

MB i use "Fatal1ty Z170 Professional Gaming i7"

You are using all three of the M.2 slots? That's the only way all of the Intel SATA ports would be not usable.

If you have three M.2 SSDs, using an M.2 to PCIe slot adapter card for one of the M.2 SSDs would free up two Intel SATA ports.

What driver are you using for the ASMedia SATA ports?

This may be another wonderful Windows 10 thing. Like Win 10 breaking Teaming of multiple network chips on a board. Intel still has not found a way to fix that situation since Win 10 was introduced, and over six new Intel network driver releases.

DonFale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2016 at 7:16pm
i currently use 1 m2 port with a 960pro and i have 7hdds connected internally and 3 of them are recognised as portable media - these 3 are connected to the asmedia chipset.

as for driver i use the standard driver wich came with windows since there is no other driver to download on the site of the asrock board
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2016 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by DonFale DonFale wrote:

as for driver i use the standard driver wich came with windows since there is no other driver to download on the site of the asrock board

Oh lord no!

ftp://europe.asrock.com/Drivers/All/SATA/ASMedia_SATA3(v2.0.8).zip

EDIT Copy and paste that link above for it to work

Edited by wardog - 29 Nov 2016 at 8:09pm
Nothing here. Move on!

DonFale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2016 at 8:21pm
i did try the driver just now but nothing did change for me - they are still on safe eject and windows sthinks they are external
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2016 at 8:34pm
Sorry. We bad. I've notified the Webmaster of the missing ASM1061 drivers.
Nothing here. Move on!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic