ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Windows 10 Pro - ASRock Z68 Pro 3 - Please select
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 10 Pro - ASRock Z68 Pro 3 - Please select

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lee1101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows 10 Pro - ASRock Z68 Pro 3 - Please select
    Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 7:57am
Evening

Just done a clean install of Windows 10 from USB on a new SSD. Motherboard is an AsRock Z68 Pro3. All installed ok, however whenever I reboot I am greeted with the following:

'Windows boot manager' is set to 1 in the boot priority, with the SSD 2. I have tried swapping these around with no joy. If I click windows boot manager it boots up fine.

Any ideas?

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 8:43am
Did you install the OS with more than one single hdd/ssd attached?
X370 SLI/ac(r1.03, BIOS 5.10), 1500X, H115i, F4-4133C19D-16GTZA, 970 EVO M.2 250GB + 500GB, Tt Core X9 Black

16,441 - https://www.3dmark.com/fs/13030306
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 10:44am
Originally posted by lee1101 lee1101 wrote:

Evening

Just done a clean install of Windows 10 from USB on a new SSD. Motherboard is an AsRock Z68 Pro3. All installed ok, however whenever I reboot I am greeted with the following:

'Windows boot manager' is set to 1 in the boot priority, with the SSD 2. I have tried swapping these around with no joy. If I click windows boot manager it boots up fine.

Any ideas?

Windows Boot Manager is the correct boot entry.

I assume you installed Win 10 from a USB flash drive using a Win 10 ISO file?

If so, it seems you did not select an entry in the boot order for the USB Win 10 installation media. That entry was, "UEFI: <flash drive name>". There was also an "AHCI:" entry for the USB flash drive.

The "UEFI:" entry is not wrong at all. Actually in using that you "chose" to use the EFI bootloader instead of the Legacy bootloader. Nothing wrong with that either, better actually.

What SSD are you using?

Why are you concerned about that entry in the Boot order? Just never saw one like that in the past?
lee1101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lee1101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 10:20pm
Thanks for the reply.

Yes I installed windows from a USB Iso.  Its a clean install on a Crucial MX300 750GB.

The problem is that this screen pops up everytime I start windows, rather than just booting straight in.

I also noticed this morning that the SSD has been formatted as MBR and is booting in Legacy mode?  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic