ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

J3455M: How to enable VT-d ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neo1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: J3455M: How to enable VT-d ?
    Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 4:32am
Hi Asrock community,

is there a way to enable VT-d on this brand new Mainboard ?
Does anyone have a Beta Bios for the J3455M Board ?

Thx in advance,
   Neo

Edited by neo1984 - 12 Dec 2016 at 5:18pm
neo1984 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neo1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2016 at 5:22pm
Noone ?
I would be satisfied with a statement (e.g.):
- next Bios/UEFI Release will implement VT-D Support
- Releasedate e.g. Feb 2017 whatever.

At the moment I'm completely replaning my "Server" Installation because of the missing VT-D BIOS/UEFI Support.

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2016 at 6:33pm
http://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

The forums are not a substitute for actual tech support, we (moderators and other forum members) can only answer questions we know the answer to Wink
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2016 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

http://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

The forums are not a substitute for actual tech support, we (moderators and other forum members) can only answer questions we know the answer to Wink

Do contact ASRock as Xaltar suggests.

They'll email you a new BIOS, 1.11?, that will allow enabling of VT-d. This seems to have been overlooked as I also have a very recent BETA BIOS for the J3455ITX board a Users as you needed.

Please, when they email you the BETA will you return and PM me so that I may arrange to acquire said BIOS? I as a Moderator here pass them on to Users such as yourself. It would be appreciated greatly by others who follow in your footsteps until they do release a production non-BETA that incorporate VT-d.
neo1984 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote neo1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2016 at 8:41pm
you've got a PM.

An hour ago tech support sent me the Beta Bios File. I'm able to test the upcoming weekend.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2016 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by neo1984 neo1984 wrote:

you've got a PM.

An hour ago tech support sent me the Beta Bios File. I'm able to test the upcoming weekend.

Got your PM and replied to it.

Let me know how it goes. I've included my private email addy to attach to assuming it goes well this weekend. Or sooner.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 12:04am
Our guys and gals in Tech Support are top notch Cool

Let us know how you fare with the beta BIOS Thumbs Up
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 9:01am
Any future Users coming to this Thread, if you make a post here _and_ PM me with your email address I'll fix you up with a link on my Google Drive to BETA BIOS 1.11 for the J3455M that corrects for the missing VT-d availability.

Edited by wardog - 13 Dec 2016 at 9:01am
neo1984 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neo1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 4:20am
Instant flash
No image file detected.

Tried two different USB sticks, all USB 2.0 ports of the Mobo, formated FAT32 and yes I've extracted the zip file.

:(

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 4:30am
Originally posted by neo1984 neo1984 wrote:

Instant flash
No image file detected.

Tried two different USB sticks, all USB 2.0 ports of the Mobo, formated FAT32 and yes I've extracted the zip file.

:(

Use a smallish 8-16GB thumb drive. Seems the larger the drive the more issues Users here experience.

I've distributed the file you provided me twice now and both reported success.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic