ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can I flash my X99 Xtreme 3 to AC'97?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dijok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 4:38am
Right, but the mic doesn't work on the back panel either? 
I checked the wiring today and everything seems in the right place.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 6:27am
In Device Manager, what driver is installed for the boards ALC1150 audio chip?
Nothing here. Move on!

16,441 - https://www.3dmark.com/fs/13030306
clubfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clubfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Dijok Dijok wrote:

Right, but the mic doesn't work on the back panel either? 
I checked the wiring today and everything seems in the right place.

If the mic and headset do not work on the rear panel you will need to disconnect the front panel audio connection to the motherboard,...it is "shorting" the audio chipset. OR,...you have a defective headset,...probably with damaged wires.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 12:59pm
AC'97 is not supported by your board's audio chip, and your PC case would need to have an AC'97 connector on it if the board's audio chip supported AC'97.

AC'97 is an old audio connection protocol, not used on new boards for a while now. New PC cases don't even have an AC'97 connector on the front panel audio cable. Whomever told you, you need AC'97 had no idea what they were talking about.

Have you installed you board's audio software, and configured the microphone and headset inputs in it?

Also, the Windows Sound feature in Control Panel should at least be checked, and possibly configured.

If none of that works, as said above, your headset may simply be broken. Usually it is the micro-cable into the connectors.
Dijok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dijok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

In Device Manager, what driver is installed for the boards ALC1150 audio chip?
Not sure, I tried the latest Realtek Driver (R2.81 from 2017/1/13)and the one on ASRock Website ( from 7/29/2015 )for my mb.

The headset works (be it front or back panel), it's just the mic that doesn't, the PC recognises that a microphone has been plugged in, but it doesn't pick up any voices, just white noise. And both the headset and microphone work on other machines.

Edited by Dijok - 08 Mar 2017 at 11:07pm
clubfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clubfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 11:23pm
Latest offical drivers:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Good, you've eliminated the headset as defective.
On the desktop, right click the speaker icon and select Recording devices and check to see that the mic has a green checkmark,...if not set it to default!
Click properties and set the volume to 100% and boost to +20. OK.
Select configure, set up microphone, headset microphone and follow the prompts. Windows will automatically adjust the levels.

P.S. make sure the mic switch on the headphone cord is turned ON!!!

With the latest RealTek drivers in the recording tab you can enable noise suppression and echo cancellation.

Dijok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dijok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 11:34pm
I've been through all of the basic and obvious solutions, which is why I'm asking for help, because I don't know what else to check for.
clubfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clubfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 11:45pm
Out of curiosity what computer case do you have,...make and model?
Dijok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dijok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 12:02am
clubfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clubfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 12:17am
Nice case :) Well I'm stumped.

Your board has an HD AUDIO connector at the bottom left (item #26 in your manual) and your case has a prepinned HD AUDIO connector that can only be installed one way.

The headset and mic both work on other computers,...so it's down to the motherboard or case wiring.

I don't have access to your motherboard UEFI but I just checked my UEFI and there is an option in the chipset menu to change the audio from HD to AC'97,...for backward compatability.
Please check your UEFI to ensure it is set to HD AND the front panel audio connector is connected on all the motherboard pins.

Edited by clubfoot - 09 Mar 2017 at 12:47am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic