ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z270 K6 BIOS Setting for Watercooler

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 3:17pm
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 3:18pm

the last two are the top of the case....the fan up there.
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 3:22pm
Let me know your thoughts guys....and if you have any advice on how to get some more airflow into the case...let me know. I am all ears...for now my friends, I'm gonna hit the hay....I look forward to reading responses. Thanks again you all on this forum...you have all been extremely helpful and I truly appreciate it. Talk tomorrow.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 3:54pm
Orientation is good so no problems there.

The one thing that I can see that is diminishing your AiO cooling performance is not the orientation of the fans but rather the fans themselves. They are the correct type (high static pressure) but they are aftermarket and tuned for silent operation. This means that even at full speed they are not pushing enough air. 

You could pick up something like these:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181027&cm_re=SP120-_-35-181-027-_-Product       (copy paste link)

Corsair's High Static Pressure fans always have an "SP" prefix then the fan size. The ones I linked are beastly and will make a lot of noise but they also push almost double the air of your current Enermax Twister Pressure fans.

Your temps are not great with the current setup but they are not terrible either. Whoever built the system for you was clearly going for a silence>performance setup. This isn't a bad thing, a lot of people prefer silence to cooling performance (so long as everything is within tolerance). If you want to tinker and improve things as well as possibly overclock in the future then I would pick up the fans I linked and have them installed for you. It would probably be best to have the person who built the setup do it for you, they know the build and if you have a warranty it saves you headaches later on. You could also ask them if they have the stock fans for the AiO, the ones on there did no come with the AiO cooler, it could save you some pennies if they can just slap the originals back on there for you.

Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 11:05pm
That makes sense and I can't really have the creator work on it as I have no idea who he is. But those fans have me intrigued for sure, my system is very quiet for the most part....you can hear the fans but not bad at all. Not much air comes out the back which might be the reason why it's a little hotter.

Edited by Kanty - 17 Mar 2017 at 11:06pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 2:24am
Originally posted by Kanty Kanty wrote:

Not much air comes out the back which might be the reason why it's a little hotter.

So much for quiet fans.

Time to invest in new capable radiator fans to cool the CPU.
X370 SLI/ac(r1.03, BIOS 5.10), 1500X, H115i, F4-4133C19D-16GTZA, 970 EVO M.2 250GB + 500GB, Tt Core X9 Black

16,441 - https://www.3dmark.com/fs/13030306
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 2:30am
Yup, silent fans on a 240 or 280mm radiator you can get away with or even on a 120 with something like an i3 but a balls out 7700k needs some proper airflow with that 120mm radiator.

I personally like it when my stock H105 fans ramp up, sounds like something beastly is happening inside my case, a little like the roar of an exhaust on a v8, makes me smile every time Evil Smile
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 2:44am
Okay that all makes sense I suppose, I will look into some good case fans and see if I can't install them myself. Should be interesting......my temps will be good for the most part though right? So I shouldn't be afraid to use it?
Kanty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kanty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 2:49am
I think the current fans only go to 1620RPMs
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 2:58am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

YI personally like it when my stock H105 fans ramp up, sounds like something beastly is happening inside my case, a little like the roar of an exhaust on a v8, makes me smile every time Evil Smile

Me likes hearing that
X370 SLI/ac(r1.03, BIOS 5.10), 1500X, H115i, F4-4133C19D-16GTZA, 970 EVO M.2 250GB + 500GB, Tt Core X9 Black

16,441 - https://www.3dmark.com/fs/13030306
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
  Share Topic