ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

how to upgrade bios?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayne04112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how to upgrade bios?
    Posted: 19 May 2017 at 4:09pm
My board is AB350 Pro4.
I want to ask how to upgrade bios from 1.30 to 2.50?
I can't find Instant Flash, please give me some suggestions.
Thanks!
Rares View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rares Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 4:33pm
You can flash (without problems) in Windows... Just dload Win version...
X370 Gaming K4 / Ryzen 1700 @ 3.725 / G.Skill FlareX 14-14-14-14-34 @ 3200 XMP / Sapphire Nitro RX480 / SSD x 3
Conraire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conraire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 11:25pm
First, do you have a USB flash drive to use?

The safest option, if you can't use instant flash, due to the bios revision being too old, is to use a bootable USB to do a DOS based bios flash. 

If you need help making a bootable USB flash drive just ask. 

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 12:24am
I do not recommend the Windows based update, it is the least safe method. Any instability or issue during the process and your board will be bricked.

The DOS method is your best bet if your BIOS version does not support instant flash. Once you have updated then instant flash will become available (it has been added) and will make things easier the next time you need to update.

ASRock made a video here that shows the basic steps for all the different methods. The one you want is either instant flash or DOS.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic