ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BIOS Setting - PC will not shut off

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Casper5632 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BIOS Setting - PC will not shut off
    Posted: 20 May 2017 at 2:50am
I recently installed a Asrock Z97 Formula OC in my rig, and my computer will not shut down. When I do a restart, or a shutdown it goes into a low power mode where the fans will run at the lowest setting, and I cant find any way to get it back on without force rebooting it. What BIOS setting would be causing this kind of function so I can disable it?
florinel76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote florinel76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 4:00am
Hi, 
I switched from an ASrock z87 Killer to a z97x killer and i had an issue when i was tyring to shut down the pc it would always come back to desktop with a win 10. 

I read that when you change the motherboard you have to reinstall the OS. 

That's what i did and i had no more issues. Now I am trying to get my 4790k to overclock and I should be all good to go. 

I hope this helps. 
Casper5632 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Casper5632 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 4:08am
Considering I have already run into a gang of problems associated with certain switches on the motherboard being toggled, and certain BIOS settings needing to be adjusted, I am not very invested in just spending a few hours reinstalling windows for what I really expect is just a power saving setting in the BIOS.
Casper5632 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Casper5632 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 8:18am
It was not motherboard related. I originally used windows updates drivers for my WiFi card, and downloaded the drivers straight from ASUS to have available when I installed the new mobo. After removing those drivers and installing my Asus WiFi card via generic drivers the computer restarts normally again.
florinel76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote florinel76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 9:12am
Ok im glad that you fixed the problem updating the drivers. 
a
Flash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 4:30am
did you ever overcock your 4790k  my bios seems to be called at 4ghz for some reason is yours the same
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic